odor from clones in 3 weeks veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the strain and other factors - I'm curious as to If I'll need the can fan filter combo during those 3 weeks of veg? If the clone is first 2 weeks old and then vegged for 3 weeks before moving them into the bloom room - would one anticipate needing to have the filter in there for odor? Many would say its one of those try it and see...

IKE said:
Many would say its one of those try it and see...

:hubba:

most vegging mj plants don't give off too much of an odor....

Typacally the young plants don't have much smell in my experience. It's usually only when they start flowering that they really start to smell. I would imagine that if you had a room with 100 plants that are young, they would probably have some smell as they all smell like MJ some even when they are young. I would think that you don't need the filter until flowering. But a periodic sniff test couldn't hurt though, that is how I judge mine. If I go into the lab and it slaps me in the face, I know its time to hook up the filters. :)

I dont turn my filter on until the 2nd week of flower, but better to be safe than sorry, i am constantly sniffing my exhaust.:hubba:

mountain man said:
Not enough veg time. Period......

...just depends on "tastes", imo. sometimes i like to grow little 1-oz nugs, other times i like to veg for a little more.

i like to smell my exhaust, too
l344fd9dd0001_1_25820.jpg

LOL

peace,

mr_chow

mountain man said:
Not enough veg time. Period......

Ive never vegged longer than 3 weeks

And I dont grow 1oz nuggs either.

He is starting from clones remember.

Reactions: IKE
When I do a Lolipop grow I seldom veg my clones for more then 7-10 days after they root. Keeps them on the small and manageable side. Long veg periods are not needed with mature clones. I do 8 of them and if I can get an ounce per Lolipop I am happy. Biggest draw back is I use small containers and hve to water twice a day in mid to late flower.

As for odor I hve had some young clones that smell a bit but never to the point of needing a filter. Jmo

I got some lil ones that Stink! my buddy came over and thought I had a monster half LB plant, and he was flabbergasted when he saw my 4 lil ones that are just 6 to 8 in tall..

I've had different experience than the rest of you guys then. I have 6 plants going and ever since they hit about 1' my whole house upstairs smells like ganja and its not barely noticable. My sister came over last week and said "did you just get done smoking?" No they just stink that bad growing lol. depends on the strain I suppose. I have a cheese and skunk which are stankin up my place, but my 15 clones don't really smell unless u stick ur nose into them

i agree rivers...its the strain....ive had grows(purple dawg)plants didnt smell til 3 1/2---4 1/2 weeks into flower...on a 7-8wk flower...My jacks...lol..smelled from 2nd wk of veg on...and was fantastic(the purple dawg)..even when done really didnt stink..to look at it...lets just say you couldnt judge it by the smell...but was couch lock...so..

If you have negative pressure in your room, your house will not smell. I hardly even have to use a carbon filter. People can stand within several feet of my flowering room and not suspect a thing.

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you have negative pressure in your room, your house will not smell. I hardly even have to use a carbon filter. People can stand within several feet of my flowering room and not suspect a thing.

Yeah that is the great thing about negative pressure....I ran a tent full off Larry OG with no filter the whole grow. 6 inch inline pulling the old hot air out and exhausted it out a window.

My 2 clones are 3 weeks into bloom. Stink to high heaven.

hes talking about vegging plants smelling Beer... we all know flowering plants smell, but vegging plants do have an odor as well not nearly as strong and not enough to warrent using a carbon filter, they only smell alot in veg when you touch them alot,

Oh. Sorry, early brews today ��

Latest posts

Back