OG Kush Auto First time growing....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksarben

Reaction score
Well the plants seem to be coming along nicely. I only started growing this year, and posting an OG Kush Auto picture I took with my Nikon D5300 set on "flower" setting and using a Sigma 18-250 Macro Zoom lens, auto-focus off, but image stabilizer on. This plant broke the ground around Feb 15, 2019, and has some growing yet to do, but... looking promising.

Auto-OG-Kush-crop_b.jpg

Auto-OG-Kush-crop_c.jpg

Thanks! Still small though, but coming along. That macro lens, and cropping using Adobe Photoshop helps to bring out the Trichomes. I've never had a marijuana plant before and kind of fun. Curious how it smokes. Have many more seeds to try as soon as out darned weather straightens up. Only 40 deg F today at noon, and some forecast of rain / snow mix for Sunday.

I have a very small indoor grow which is currently full and just starting flower...We are rapidly approaching grow weather so I will try to get some outdoor plants ready...they will have to be autos so they finish quick as I don’t have a lot of private space outdoors either...too many seed choices and not enough space...it’s a drag but these are our problems...

Nice pics and plant....thanks for sharing bro!

Thanks! Too many times I just use my phone, when I have some fairly expensive photographic equuipment. BTW you should see my hollowpoint Winchester Ranger T 45acp. :)

...too many seed choices and not enough space...it’s a drag but these are our problems...

I live in the country on 10 acres with no one really close to me. Field to the West (corn or soybeans) trees to the East. Now, hoping YOU don't have neighbors upwind of you within 30 miles growing industrial hemp.

Took this right after dinner with phone. Not the best quality but should show the basic structure of the plant. Small pot as well.

20190415_OGKush-Crop (Custom).jpg

Well, she's looking just fine, isn't she! Sorry about the snow. We are expecting 80 degrees on Friday.

Hehehe, we had about 82 today...next ten days look just as fine...guess I’ll plant something tomorrow...

Thanks!! I can't wait for REAL spring, where I can get these outside. I'll have to slowly inch them into natural sunlight, or else harm them. I figure I'll start some seed in small pots this weekend and by the time they are a couple inches tall can be moved into bigger pots outside.

Snow is all about gone now. It was near 70 here today. Looking at thunder showers tomorrow, a bit cooler and breezy but the weekend looking pretty decent.

Update on how this is looking on 4-23-19. Your estimate on how far out this might be to reaching harvest??

AutoOG Kush 4-23-19.JPG

Auto_OG Kush_4-23-19.JPG

@QBCrocket or anyone else.... Was told by a guy at work today that if I wanted that bud to mature for harvest I needed to put it in dark for 48 hours. Never heard of that one before, but he has some friends in the area that are rather larger grower concerns. What say you all?

That is simply not true and there is no benefit to doing that. So, I would say that you probably should not be taking growing advice from this guy.

That is simply not true and there is no benefit to doing that. So, I would say that you probably should not be taking growing advice from this guy.

I have to agree on that point. Thing is, it doesn't add up. It's already flowered, so how can 48 hours of total darkness prepare it for harvest. Does not fit in the "natural" world of plants. He had said it would put out more trichomes. If you want more trichomes, you might do what I did and put it out in sunlight, this time of year has a lot of UV light spectrum that the plant puts out more trichomes as a protectant.... think tanning, but for a plant, not human.

Latest posts

Back