Oh no...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
I think my stupidity may have just caught up with me... My clones have been planted for about 5 weeks and they are lookin great .... they al.ll have fresh new leaves and are not drooping or anything... but non of them are rooting.. at all... i posted a whle ago about this.. and was told to stop using nutes on them.. which i have.. but i just realized that my medium is 0.14-0.14-0.14 Miracle Grow soil.... could this nute soil be giving them enought nuted to keep them from growing roots????

5 weeks???
Jeez give up on 'em. If they don't have roots now they never will have.
It's probably the miracle gro. Throw that shit away and get some good potting soil with ORGANIC amendments (worm castings, etc.)
Use a humdity dome.
No nutrients for the clones until rooted.

5 weeks is quite a long time, but personally, have never seen cuts "grow new leaves", without being rooted. I have had them stay alive, appear green and healthy for an extended time, but never actually grow.

Hick said:
5 weeks is quite a long time, but personally, have never seen cuts "grow new leaves", without being rooted. I have had them stay alive, appear green and healthy for an extended time, but never actually grow.

I've had that several times.
Great healthy looking clones, a bit of new growth--but no roots.
I misted 2 x/day with CO2 water that had a bit of nutes, and watered the cubes with a light nute solution, like I always do with all my clones.
The clones were obviously gettting everything it needed from it's leaves and the part of the stem in the cube.
I finally found out the reason that they weren't rooting was my rooting compound was way past it's experation date, (bet you didn't know rooting power even had an experation date huh), and high temps in the clone area. As soon as I bought some new rooting compound and put in A/C I never had a problem with clones again.

alright thanks.. im gonna toss the crappy soil... any ideas on what is good soil sold at Rona???... if i get some new soil and put these clones in them... do you think i still have a small chance?

teckS said:
alright thanks.. im gonna toss the crappy soil... any ideas on what is good soil sold at Rona???... if i get some new soil and put these clones in them... do you think i still have a small chance?

Soil: Re-read my initial response.
-You might try rooting them in the new soil. There's a chance they can be saved.

Latest posts

Back