Oh No

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
Well if bad only ever goes worse than ill most likely lose my satori. After my lights have burnt up we hit a cold snap over the weekend. And now it looks like I have a K deficiency. I’m not too sure about it so I’m also posting this in the sick plants and problems too. Here’s the skinny 1/3 happy frog potting mix 1/3 old reuse soil (ffof washed and dried and set for 3 months covered) 1/3 mix of new top soil with sand and perlite added. PH is 6.5 no feeding what so ever as of yet (coyts still attached) watering once evcery 3 days 1 gal of aired tap to 5 gal potter. Plants are 5-7 weeks in under 16-8 lights 400WHPS conversion bulb for veg. The problem seems to be containing its self to the lower parts of the plants but where there was a small amount of twist (initially from heat and slightly hot soil for seedlings, then corrected) has jumped to full blown paranoia for me now as the twist has returned and combined with a dry to touch leaf that looks browning and dying with a case of the taco leaf to boot. Would it be possible at a pH of 6.5 to be hot in N and low in K causing problems or does this seem to be just an after effect of the Happy frog being too hot for the seedlings when I started them and now the transplant has reinforced the problem once again. Any and all input welcome.

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMO Flush the soil real good let dry out for a few days then flush again. use a low ph(5.0 to 5.5) water. In a way it looks like a salt build up not sure though.
Here's some GREEN MOJOthat I hope helps.

Man I hate happy frog soil. blech. Sorry, anyways sometimes I tought that caused some localized lockups when I was using that soil that my lime didn't get mixed in right and that I had zones of low ph (as happy frogs natural ph is 5.5 if ya don't alter it, but ya prolly know that) and that I thought could be causing localized nute lockups... Also that deficiency looks more like a Phosphorus def. rather than a Potassium def. and with a phosphorus def, parts of the leaves shrivel up and die giving it that wrinkled look, so I don't think those wrinkles are from an N overdos4, rather just the P def.

hang in there, cant offer anymore than that, hope it comes back for you, I heard satori is pretty good

blancolighter said:
I was using that soil that my lime didn't get mixed in right and that I had zones of low ph (as happy frogs natural ph is 5.5 if ya don't alter it, but ya prolly know that) and that I thought could be causing localized nute lockups... Also that deficiency looks more like a Phosphorus def. rather than a Potassium def. and with a phosphorus def, parts of the leaves shrivel up and die giving it that wrinkled look.

The frog is a FF product it claims that every bag is pH to be 6.3 to 6.8 from the start. If you added lime it was what brought the pH down, i had taken a pH reading of the soil once i got it and it was 6.6 right out of the bag ( it had got a bit hotter when the tap water i air and use had extra chlorine and anti bacterial's used in it form all the road salts, sand, and brine that needed to be purified out after the winter mess) but ive never had a bag that low in pH before im in no way saying that your wrong on your diagnostic of what the problem may be. After looking at the pics in the post im thinking it may be time for some serious feedings too. but im worried that there may be some underlying problem that will only get worse once i start the 20-20-20 e.g a significant raise in pH that causes a total lockout or burns them up so fast that its over before i get the chance to save them. thanks for the input one and all. ill keep you as up to date as i can either here or in the Gj in my signature.

Ha, I was just looking into it, and FF makes some Happy Frog soils low in PH, and I got em cause I get dumb sometimes...

Latest posts

Back