Oh The Humanity!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yung buddha

Reaction score
okay so i planted my garden about a week ago thinking the last of old man's winter's breathe had been felt....but i was wrong DEAD WRONG. Yeah, tonight its going down to 30 around here...bad new bears... i have about 10 sproutlings in the ground...think they're all doomed or can they withstand???
also can the little guys still in the ground still spring forth?

Did they sprout yet, or just seedlings still? It sounds like you planted straight in the ground?

Depending on where your at...might be a tad bit early to be planting. Even South East US just gettin prepped for it. We're still gettin some cold snaps. But

Depending on where your at...might be a tad bit early to be planting. Even South East US just gettin prepped for it. We're still gettin some cold snaps. But gettin close. (Clones here...don't ussually do many seed starts here...if I do I veg em a while.)

Yeah they're in the ground outside and some have begun to sprout and some are just coming up...and yeah im in the south east...i know it may have been a bit early but i suppose i was ust anxious...but do you think theyll die tonight?????

You are s.o.l. my friend! Lesson learned. I grow mine for a month indoors before i put them outside. And I make sure to slowly introduce them outdoors to prevent shock or even death. And I also like to keep them in pots outdoors in case of emergencies like, well......cold temps lol! And if it gets too cold out in the finishing weeks, they come inside and finish off.

They might weather the storm. I have found they are tougher than you think. I have had the frost burn the leaves off of little sprouts and they came back to get to be really nice size plants. Slim

I have had to brush the snow off seedlings before. 30* F isn't too bad, they "might" just make it. If temps are threatening again, try placeing a cut off two liter soda bottle over them to act as a greenhouse.. ;)

Latest posts

Back