Oh Yeah!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the words of encouragement hempokitty!

already this morning only after one night in the new pot she is already slowly starting to lift her leaves back up. probably nothing you could see in a pic just yet but i know my baby. i think she is gonna do great!

i think also that she is gonna be a monster now, seeing how much roots she had she is really gonna shoot upwards once she get settled into that new 5 gallon bucket. she has a good two feet of new grow room so we will see how she does.

although i do not know much, i have herd that using a reflective surface as powerful as the one in your picture, to make home for your plant could cause light to focus off angles of the surface. Giving light burn to sections of the plant; making it weak..

ummm that would be called "mylar" and is specifically design to be used as reflective material in grow rooms ;)

SMoKING Blees said:
although i do not know much, i have herd that using a reflective surface as powerful as the one in your picture, to make home for your plant could cause light to focus off angles of the surface. Giving light burn to sections of the plant; making it weak..

What you've heard is pure fiction. There are no such things as "Hot Spots".

Stoney Bud said:
What you've heard is pure fiction. There are no such things as "Hot Spots".

especially w/ mylar, it reflects more light then heat.... aluminum foil however, reflects more heat then light.

Hey C! Any picture update of your baby feeling better? How is she doing?

funny you should mention that, i knew its been a while since i updated so i just got done taking some pics :D gonna have to do some pic editing today too cause i have some hosted thru photobucket and i read a post that hick stated his concern with them being hosted at other sites. last thing i want is to help any johnny law find this site!

she is doing a little better and finally starting to stand back up. i have noticed a couple things i thought were odd about her though, in her growth, its just so different then the male i just destroyed and the new ones i have in the veg room.
look in the first pic, see how the secondary stem grow has stretched out past the big fan leaves, whats up with that? i mean that baby is long as heck, that one secondary branch measure out at 9inches long:eek:

the whole plant is stretched looking to me, there is only 20 inches between the top of the plant and the 400w HPS light, but looking at space between the nodes you would think it was ten feet above it.

the second pic shows the new plants in the CFL veg room, they look soooo healthy and cant wait to get them into flower. also they look to be some different plants the the first two i have grown, they came from a better batch of bagseed then the others. the leaves are much wider then the others.

plant1.jpg

vegplant.jpg

plant.jpg

vegcloset.jpg

I think overall she looks better but I can't answer you with the stretching problem. My plants are still in veg....but I can tell you that they do it as well. Sometimes they stretch and then they fill with new growth between the branches (but as I said they are in veg).
And all the other plants, in the second and last pictures, look great!!! Let them grow and I think you'll have beautiful plants there!!! :aok:

yes the new batch of plants are lookin great! they show awsome growth daily and are more bushy. they should be showin alternating nodes soon i hope so we can get them into flower. want to try my hand at some clones so i would like to let them veg until they get pre-flowers, patience being the hardest obsticle to over come.

the tall skinny one in flower now had a not so great start, its actually one i rescued from my sisters house. it was a tiny little stretched out thing when i got it, then it got sent into flower early so i am not expecting much from her.

she is looking better but her leave color is still looking sad :( i need to get here out from under the HPS lights and get some pics of her cause you cant tell crap under those lights in a picture. shes showed no signs of going hermie so i will keep my fingers crossed, long as she can stay female and go full term she will make me happy.

here we go, it LOOKS so much DIFFERENT out from under the HPS lights! i thought it looked sickly yellow, but out under some flouro lighting it looks healthy as could be.

you can see the bottom leaves are just a shade lighter then the others, but nothing alarming i dont think.

look at that one stem just stretching away! its long as could be and is gonna droop bad when it gets a bud on the end of her.

and got a shot of the stalk of the plant, notice the purple strips in it? anyone know whats causing that or if it might just be a trait of the plant. dont know what strain it is cause its bagseed.

plant2.jpg

plant3.jpg

plant4.jpg

plant6.jpg

plant7.jpg

hmmmm didnt upload the stalk shot, and its not letting me attach photos now for some reason. let me restart my computer, its a POS so it might be something on my end.

cyberquest said:
the whole plant is stretched looking to me, there is only 20 inches between the top of the plant and the 400w HPS light, but looking at space between the nodes you would think it was ten feet above it.
quote]
drop that biatch right down to 12 inches or less. just put a fan right on it. 400's loose the lumens fast.

yeah i need to upgrade my fan system too, i need to get something blowing right on the light. she has packed on 2 inches since yesterday so i measured her distance from the light and she is right at 12 inches away now.
since spring is coming i noticed fans are coming back on the shelves at local stores so i just got to track down the right ones.

but i think i want a cool tube so i can keep it super cool and get it within inches of the plant.

Yes! cool tubes are seemling the way too go. i also want to pick one up.

i tried today experimenting with having the fan blow directly on the light and it actually made my temps go up in the room, i guess just moving more hot air around. i think the cool tube will be ordered sooner then i thought cause its the middle of winter here, snowing outside and all, and i am battleing 80+ temps now, when it get super hot outside i think i am gonna have some troubles.

Latest posts

Back