Oh Yeah!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
please please please tell me this is what i think it is!!!!!

hairs.jpg

ok i think it might be root bound though, the leaves have been rather droopy the past couple days and i know its not from overwatering this time. my male plant i just destoyed drooped like this and i transplanted it and it perked back up.
what do you guys think?

she stands about 19 inches tall right now and is about two weeks into flower.

the pot is about a gallon sized pot, give or take a few inches, i do have a 5 gallon bucket i can transplant too but dont want to mess it up, i didnt have too much trouble with my last transplant.

should i just let it go and finish its flower in the pot its in, or should i get it into a 5 gallon bucket asap?

hieght.jpg

plant-2.jpg

personally i would go with a bigger pot. it will stress her but not as bad as being rootlocked.
nice hairs.

Hey cyberquest, what are you using for nutes? She looks like maybe the nutes aren't strong enough.

I would go ahead and put her into the 5 gallon container. Make sure it has good drainage holes and it's only plain soil, no nutes added to it.

What kind of light are you using?

Temps in the grow area?

Air movement/replacement?

hey stoney long time no talk brother :rofl:

ok nutes, none yet, she is in MG soil so i havent given her anything but plan water up till now. she is due for a water though so maybe its about time she got some huh.

lights: 400w HPS ,distance from plant is roughly 20 inches.

temp: stays right around 80 degrees for the most part going up or down by a few degrees.

air movement: 50cfm exhaust fan above the light that exits outside, and just a fan blowing on the plant. i do have two 2 1/2 fresh air holes cut into the closet door at the bottom, but no fan pushing air in, just vents in with the exhaust sucking air out.

ok here is a link to a topic that i had about some nutes i have, i have all the stuff i have now with pictures and the level of them.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8337

this is just the stuff i already have, sadly money is real tight right now and have to use what i got. i got about ten seedlings that will be ready to flower shortly and i hope to have some good MJ specific nutes by then.

but for now which of those pictured in that topic would work best?

Man cyberquest, I think maybe your MG ran out. TBG is the mistro of MG.

He's posted what he uses here somewhere. Take a look and if you can't find it, let me know.

man stoney findind no nutes soil around here is gonna be touch. i did get some organic compost soil last time that i mixed myself but i dont think i will be doing that again.
and isnt it said that they dont like to change mediums? wouldnt i want to use the same exact soil its in now?

cyberquest said:
man stoney findind no nutes soil around here is gonna be touch. i did get some organic compost soil last time that i mixed myself but i dont think i will be doing that again.
and isnt it said that they dont like to change mediums? wouldnt i want to use the same exact soil its in now?

You're already into flowering. You wouldn't want to use a pre-nuted soil now.

Let's see if we can get Bro Grunt's advice...

I asked TBG to give us some advice on how to handle a situation like this with MG and the plant flowering now. He uses MG a lot, and I'll bet he knows exactly how you should go.

You and I will both learn from the Grunt!

Hey guys!!! I'm not TBG but I've read something that I believe is true. Plants need repotting because they take out the natural nutrients from the soil. Once the plant grows and she takes all the nutrients out, you will need to give her more nutrients just repotting, putting new plain soil. The same growth you see from the outside, it happens below, with the roots.
I'm going to repot mine quite soon just to give them a boost.

Also, I'm putting one picture of my plants before I water them. They are droopy as well but as soon as I put the water, they go up again.
So it could be the soil or the water....or something else I don't know :) I'm sure TBG or somebody else will know more than me...;)

Can I ask you why you put her to flower so soon?

18JAN07 prima di annaffiare 2.jpg

cyberquest said:
ok i think it might be root bound though, the leaves have been rather droopy the past couple days and i know its not from overwatering this time. my male plant i just destoyed drooped like this and i transplanted it and it perked back up.
what do you guys think?
droop.jpg

she stands about 19 inches tall right now and is about two weeks into flower.
hieght.jpg

the pot is about a gallon sized pot, give or take a few inches, i do have a 5 gallon bucket i can transplant too but dont want to mess it up, i didnt have too much trouble with my last transplant.
plant-2.jpg

should i just let it go and finish its flower in the pot its in, or should i get it into a 5 gallon bucket asap?
sweet cyber female yay lol she will do fine put her in a bigger pot sweeeeetttt good luck

well you know i think it might actually have been underwatered this time, the soil was as dry as could be, i didnt realize it was that dry. so i gave her a good water and added a very small amount of the shultz 10-15-10 nutes i have, we will let her get a good drink of that and then tomorrow i will get her into the 5 gallon bucket or possibly later tonight. but since i just watered it i should probably wait a day before i try to repot her shouldnt i.

i also noticed today that her very bottom leaves are yellow and almost dead, and the ones up from that are showing yellow spots on the leaves. we will see how she reacts to the the small dose of nutes and go from there. i think she will be just fine, the male i just killed was very healthy so i should do ok with this one.

thanks guys for all your help so far. we havent won the battle just yet but like i say i think she will be fine, we grow em tough around these parts ;)

cyberquest said:
............i will get her into the 5 gallon bucket or possibly later tonight. but since i just watered it i should probably wait a day before i try to repot her shouldnt i.

Well said Cyberq! You should wait that the soil is dry before repotting. It will be easier to slide the plant (roots and soil) out from the pot.
I've also read (in this forum) that you shouldn't put any nutes, if growing with soil, until they are at week 2 of flowering.....but I have not much experience on that. Up to now, I haven't used any nutes with my plants and they are doing fine.

I'm sure she'll be fine C! Keep it up!!:aok:

oh yeah she was definatly ROOT BOUND! just a little :rofl:

roots.jpg

Hemp-o Kitty said:
Can I ask you why you put her to flower so soon?

well hempokitty this one i was bringing down from my veg room to the flower room so it woud get 12 hours of good HPS light, then i would take it back upstairs to the veg room for another 6 hours of light. but it was in there for two days and like a dummy i fogot all about it so it got two days of 12/12 light, so i just went ahead and left it in there to flower cause when i realized what i did was about the same time the other one i had showed it was a MALE:mad:

Well it looks as though you figured out your problem without me having to give an answer. Just be very careful when giving her nutes. You got this far mang you don't wanna burn her with nutes so remember very small doses. ;)

thanks for the heads up TBG! i agree totally, the new soil i put her in was some i picked up for my seedlings that i wont be using anymore but i had it so i used it.

it says ingredients are: 50% organic compost, 35% peat pumus, 15% sand and perlite. it gives no N percentage or anything that why i got it, BUT this stuff turns to pure mud when it gets wet and i just dont like it, i mixed it with a 50/50 ratio of peat moss to make it not as bad.

so with it saying 50% organic compost i am gonna assume its gonna have some natural organic nutes in it in some way so we will give her just water for the first couple waters. then we will use maybe a 1/8 dose of nutes on her and see if she can handle it and go from there.

Hey Cyber!!! Good you repotted her!!!! There was a bit of growth there... Now she should feel better....I really want to see what's going to happen!! She should get bigger and stronger. Looking forward to it!!!
I get you now why you put her so soon to flowering..... Thanks for the answer and take good care of that baby :baby: . I'm sure she's going to surprise you!!! Well done!! :aok:

Latest posts

Back