OK I have a question for the older members Oximeter / Blood O2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ROSTERMAN

My blood o2 is always above 91 and sometimes as high as 98 but lately more like 94 ,
Question
Does smoking and vaping MJ cause blood/O2 levels to drop after periods of long term usage?
If I take deep breaths for about 10 pulls in and out it goes to 97-100 but then laying down at night back to 92.
Am I normal,
No smart ass remarks insert here please ....................

I was gonna reply but I don’t fit in that category and I don’t own an oxygen meter , guess I better buy one my next birthday

otherwise , I feel great , lungs feel fine , my blood pressure was like 65/112 and has been in that range for years

i also take and recommend anyone who smokes or vapes the herb , NAC

smoked my first joint in 1964

Rooster , I’m thinking if you smoked tobacco or had a hazardous job , maybe your lungs were hurt?....

ive never monitored my oxygen levels but my brother did religiously because he had COPD

all the best

I was gonna reply but I don’t fit in that category and I don’t own an oxygen meter , guess I better buy one my next birthday

otherwise , I feel great , lungs feel fine , my blood pressure was like 65/112 and has been in that range for years

i also take and recommend anyone who smokes or vapes the herb , NAC

smoked my first joint in 1964

Rooster , I’m thinking if you smoked tobacco or had a hazardous job , maybe your lungs were hurt?....

ive never monitored my oxygen levels but my brother did religiously because he had COPD

all the best
Thank You
I have so much crap in my lungs it is a wonder I can still breath
I was expose to old pipe abestos when I clean a basement at age 13 many many yrs before they said it was bad, so no mask rip down and clean up

Mine is always between 96 to 98 even if i wake up and take it. Use to my PR(pulse rate) would drop into the low 50s at night because of my BP meds but o2 still stayed around 96 at night. 92 is a little low brother.

I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about. Blood 02? My doc has never mentioned that to me. Wonder why.
It is when they take your blood oxygen with the oximeter that clips to your finger,

See the source image

Actually this is alarming. I recently bought one of these devices. Normally my reading is 94 - 97. BUT... after smoking just a quarter of a joint my level drops to 85, which is very NOT GOOD. I invite you to try the same test and report back.

85 😳,,you sure that wasn't your PR? Ive checked mine several times after smoking just to see how my PR spiked and for how long. My PR will go from the 70s to the 90s and then drops back down within a few minutes. Never seen my 02 lower then 96. I know my BP is lower after i smoke.

Last edited:
I have a feeling this meters must have a sweet spot and in that spot you will get a true reading. if it is off the reading will be off
All day yesterday I was 95-99 readings, except when I laid down and then I got 92, but if I let my hand hang from the side of bed while taken it it would go to 97. So it may just br operator error.
take it with arm down at the side .

My sitting rate is 93 on average . Exercise can get it up to 97 . Oxygen can get it up to 98 . Stage 4 copd here . Got questions , just ask .
peace
Thanks Bernie
It was 97-95 all day, but for some reason it goes down when I sit and better when I do exercise.
My oximeter did give me a reading of 100 yesterday

Actually this is alarming. I recently bought one of these devices. Normally my reading is 94 - 97. BUT... after smoking just a quarter of a joint my level drops to 85, which is very NOT GOOD. I invite you to try the same test and report back.
I will try this to night

Latest posts

Back