OK I have a question for the older members Oximeter / Blood O2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning OK here's the deal (why does that sound familar)
I have benn monitoring the levels while in sitting up postion both hands on lap as Burnie suggested , Bingo! Im in the 95 to 97 range .
No notice of any major dropping after smoking, but I did see a big lowering if taken while laying down. I never really struggle to breath.
Going to chalk this one off to operator error.
Thanks Everyone, Appreciate all who responded.

who you calling old? mine runs between 92 and 97 depending on the weather that day i guess.
LOL
I forgot really OLD Vampires never age........................
OK mine pretty much does the same, Thank You
Gig so you are not COPD or have any breathing problems correct?
Why do you monitor you SPo2 then?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can not believe the nurse never even check it
She was new, and I did not want to mention it to the Doc
I never get out of breath, so I am not worried at all.
Thanks everyone

Roster, I don't think it is user error. Laying down causes a decrease in oxygen saturation. Look, here's a screenshot of a study conducted regarding positions.

Screenshot_20201028-164917_Chrome.jpg

Either way, you are probably fine, but I don't think you're not using it correctly.

Wanna see scary?
20200331_155109.jpg

One thing that you should do before taking a reading is sit down, take 10 good deep breaths, then take reading. Unfortunately, we as humans usually get lazy even in our breathing and we don't take deep enough breaths most inhales.

Also, interesting tid bit, here in NM because of the altitude, anything over 93 is considered normal.

LOL
I forgot really OLD Vampires never age........................
OK mine pretty much does the same, Thank You
Gig so you are not COPD or have any breathing problems correct?
Why do you monitor you SPo2 then?
doctor's office does it every visit. no copd but the different seasons of the year bring different breathing problems, like hay fever. biggest problem with me is fat and old.

doctor's office does it every visit. no copd but the different seasons of the year bring different breathing problems, like hay fever. biggest problem with me is fat and old.
Ha you and me both brother
Thank You, I think I will live, just hate when the doc finds anything
he loves to send my azz in for testing, not this time.
I too suffer from the good food disease
and some hay fever too.

It is my finger and the pulse ox is a bit low but the heart beats are a bit concerning too. In awaiting blood work regarding my polycythemia vera. I've had it so long and when you're diagnosed with it under the age of 50, it's highly likely it will turn into leukemia. I think my doctor suspects exactly that, she did blood work and is getting me into a new hematologist. My last hemo doc passed away so I hope we can get my records. Lots of info on those files, I was diagnosed back in 2003. I was only 37 at that time and still felt invincible and thought to myself, "I'll worry about that later, it's a slow growing blood cancer, I've got time." I'm hoping that's still true and I still have time to worry about it later, lol. Guess we'll find out soon.

It is my finger and the pulse ox is a bit low but the heart beats are a bit concerning too. In awaiting blood work regarding my polycythemia vera. I've had it so long and when you're diagnosed with it under the age of 50, it's highly likely it will turn into leukemia. I think my doctor suspects exactly that, she did blood work and is getting me into a new hematologist. My last hemo doc passed away so I hope we can get my records. Lots of info on those files, I was diagnosed back in 2003. I was only 37 at that time and still felt invincible and thought to myself, "I'll worry about that later, it's a slow growing blood cancer, I've got time." I'm hoping that's still true and I still have time to worry about it later, lol. Guess we'll find out soon.
Sorry Canna
I have always had high WBC and they always say something about pre lukemia (something along those lines) made me see an Onacologist and she said come back in a yr. I never went. That was 7yrs ago
Uncle on Mom;s side died many yrs ago from Lukemia also.

That was 7yrs ago

Maybe, just maybe it's time to at least get a checkup???

I hated the fact that they used to do phlebotomies on me monthly. Had a couple pints taken at one time a few times because my red blood cells are way too abundant, but had to stop because my platelets are incredibly low. I don't know that I'll go back to phlebotomy, ever. Maybe I should start cutting myself occasionally to reduce those red cells? I would but blood thinners are my friends in that case, so maybe not, lol.

Funny, I really did completely forget I was diagnosed with that. Maybe it is a response like ptsd? Anyway, weird...

Maybe, just maybe it's time to at least get a checkup???

I hated the fact that they used to do phlebotomies on me monthly. Had a couple pints taken at one time a few times because my red blood cells are way too abundant, but had to stop because my platelets are incredibly low. I don't know that I'll go back to phlebotomy, ever. Maybe I should start cutting myself occasionally to reduce those red cells? I would but blood thinners are my friends in that case, so maybe not, lol.

Funny, I really did completely forget I was diagnosed with that. Maybe it is a response like ptsd? Anyway, weird...
Sounds like the Irish Curse, high Iron levels?
Pretty much what they do is bleed a pint out. Sorry.

Weird never notified that this post was here, just found it now.
Hope you are staying warmer

I do a lot of doctors but just my GP checks out my oxygen levels in my blood...was told 2 weeks ago my blood is 99% enriched...all my stats are abnormal

Latest posts

Back