Ok.... i need help with this curing part...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they have a slight spongy feel not wet or flakey. I will say that one of the plants did dry faster and I made the mistake of taking them all down to trim at the same time not telling myself that they will dry at different rates. I am going to write down every step I do this time. If it comes out bad on these 4 I'm gona cry...

dont cry

make some hash or oil or butter , it’s all good

My first harvest I used a food dehydrator at 105 degrees for 6 hours after hanging it up for just 2 days. I gave most of it away, and they all want more, so how bad could it be? I lost my sense of smell a couple of decades ago, so I can't judge myself. It burns, I get stoned, I'm happy.

Going to try it the long way this time. That's assuming they don't all die before harvest time!

This last grow was my best cure/flavor-taste yet of all, buzz is close to the best and it is because of everyone here. My main goal was 60 RH and 60 degrees. It was a lot of work but rarely was I off the mark. Took about 15 days to dry out to where the stems snapped. Then took them down and manicured and jarred. Then burping about once a day. I left everything on, fanleaves and all. My reasoning was I figured the fans being draped over the branches would slow it some and I think it did just enough. You are going to have several variations for this answer. Maybe try more than one until you come up with a method that works for you. So for me only - 60/60 and patience. I've grown bunches of photo perfect buds that ended up smelling like straw., sometimes I got lucky, usually with outdoor stuff.

I guess I'll never understand how people can spend months, put in all the tender loving care, only to rush the drying process affecting potency, flavor, etc.. and I hear ya saying how good it was, but, imagine it a little bit better.

Slow drying is the only way to achieve this type of pure goodness taking things to the next level. digger is one grower who totally embraces this taking almost 3wks to hang dry the plant in it's entirety. removed large fan leaf and hang.
I finally got my buddy Atilla to listen to me and he goes on and on now how much better his weed is now. It's lost that hay whispy bud crap from having fans blowing on it for 2 days, spreading buds out to dry faster, lights on.. ahhhhhhhhhhh.. Listen to be bro. hahaha.

Mine takes 10 days for the branches to snap. just wish I could build stash up enough to cure in jars before it gets smoke up. working on it.

You're leaving the whole plant hanging for the initial period? And are they decent sized buds, with some density, or are they small, or airy?

You could try experimenting with the freezer method. It can work surpsingly well to dry things slowly and simply

When I first read you question, I thought the same as Carty. Dry too fast or too long and the chlorophyll doesn’t have a chance to break down. If they are in your jars and the rh is under 60, you are past the point where you can cure the buds. Fast drying won’t affect the buzz much but will affect flavor and smell in my experience anyway.

Latest posts

Back