OK, I'm tired of liquid PH tests. Any tips on a good PH/ EC tester?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple.... buy yourself a britta or zero water filter/pitcher system. the Zero comes with a PPM meter.. lol.

I did this for years and might go back to it just to assure I'm removing as much as possible.. but it works great.
affordable if your a small time grower who only goes thru 1-2gals each watering like I do.

Bottled water can be weird. Check the sodium levels. yup, designed to keep ya drinking more n more.

Minerals can be good, just choose to get mine via Superthrive.. hehe. next to investing in an RO system a filter
water pitcher system is next best thing. just remember to add calmag..

Meh my water is bad too. My ppm is 250 normally with a pH of 7.8-7.9. it's probably mostly calcium which is good for the plants and I have chloramine which doesn't evaporate from standing water. I just pH it accordingly and aim on the higher side of the ppm per stage of veg/flower and it's worked out great.

Simple.... buy yourself a britta or zero water filter/pitcher system. the Zero comes with a PPM meter.. lol.

I did this for years and might go back to it just to assure I'm removing as much as possible.. but it works great.
affordable if your a small time grower who only goes thru 1-2gals each watering like I do.

Bottled water can be weird. Check the sodium levels. yup, designed to keep ya drinking more n more.

Minerals can be good, just choose to get mine via Superthrive.. hehe. next to investing in an RO system a filter
water pitcher system is next best thing. just remember to add calmag..

Thanks, I'm using bottled water from Sams Club with "minerals added". Like you say, maybe they add sodium for flavor, I never thought of that.

Next grow, I'll be using some electric device to measure my water. Chances are I'll install a RO system as I'm tired of all the unknowns.

Here is my counties tap water test, the highest number of contaminants on the list... 105 !!!! That is insane. Its probably not safe to shower in let alone feed a plant....I tried a Brita, they are great but not up to the task here. Too many contaminants get through.

Contaminants

County of ###1,089,4441050

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back