OK to trim nugs off stems at harvest to reduce mold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all worked out fine, a very easy grow with no problems. The only issue was the plant itself. The Nirvana plant described as "short" was almost 5 feet tall with the 2.5 gallon pot.

If you are having a problem with mold while still in flower you have poor ventilation. Where do you live and what is the humidity at night while the lights are off. YOU need to fix this as it isn't gonna go away. Humidity during drying shouldn't be much over 60% and slowly drop to 60% before going into jars. Then the humidity shouldn't be over 60%.

You should have a fan pushing air around your plants 24/7 in your grow room. And also you have to make sure your exchanging air in your grow room constantly. Fresh air in stale air out. My grow room had negative pressure to a point it wasn't easy opening the door.

^^^^yup, especially if it is already humid in your area. If I didn't have fans running 24/7 my humidity would be over 80% during lights out.

I had the plant in the corner of my home office with lights running 20/4. Two small Vornado fans on low ran constantly. I used aluminum foil as reflectors and didn't do any sort of tenting or enclosure. I have central air. Temp is/was 77 (or less) & humidity is about 55%. On sunny warm days I took the plant out on the patio where it sat until the sun went down. Mind you, this is south Florida and the time to take advantage of the outdoor sun is winter. It was very dry with temps in the mid-seventies and there were no bugs. At no time did the plant/flowers ever get wet. At the end of March, I kept the plant inside to finish the grow (90 days). Dried the mostly lose nugs on two racks placed on top of my stacked washer/dryer adjacent to a ceiling A/C vent accompanied by a small fan on low for a few day then put them in two brown paper bags for about a week. Now they are in jars and at the point where I'm opening them once a day. No mold. The stuff is killer smoke. Four pipe hits and that's it!

Last edited:
Aluminum foil is not a good reflective material. Its a waste of time.
I lived in Florida and grew in a closet and never had humidity problems. Then again i wasnt growing outside the closet that i had total control of.

First time I lived in Florida my outdoor grow got ripped off. The dumb mofos ripped off immature plants, they had just started to bud.

Aluminum foil is not a good reflective material. Its a waste of time.
I lived in Florida and grew in a closet and never had humidity problems. Then again i wasnt growing outside the closet that i had total control of.
What? The shiny side of aluminum foil sure is reflective. Green thumb growing sense goes along way too. Unnecessary fussing is a waste of time and money.

Yes it will reflect but it sucks. Flat White paint doesn't wrinkle and is not a fuss. Its easy to apply and easy to clean unlike foil that wrinkles and is a pain in the ass. But to each his own.
Im sure the humidity is a fuss though and fixing that is never a waste of money.

Whatever works and controlling humidity IS key and I never suggested otherwise.

Last edited:
Never said you did and i Totally agree brother.👍

Latest posts

Back