OKAY! Big Cloning Problem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teckS

Reaction score
I cloned my female about 3 days into her flowering, she is now about 2.5 weeks into flowering and looking awsome, but her clones... not so much.. they look really healthy and green and the stems are still very rigid and not floppy... but they are not rooting at all, out of pure impatience i tugged on one 2.5 weeks into trying to root it and it came up really easy, there was ZERO sign of any roots forming but the base of the stem.. the part that was in the dirt was very swollen and looked a little yellowish, i checked the others and they are all like this, swollen and yellow.. this is not working out for me, not one has rooted, i have been giving them a misting and watering occasionaly.... i dont know whats wrong.. when i first cut them i did it under water to seal the cut and used rooting hormone so i dont know whats going on, i dont understand how they can still look so healthy if they have not got any roots yet. and whats the deal with this swelling? also . another problem i had about 3 days ago was i was using plastic wrap to make the humidity dome and taking it off for a few hours each day, and then on about the 8 or 9th day of doing this i opened it up one morning and all my jiffy cups were covered in a very very fine blue puffy mold, .... a assume this is very bad and stopped using the plastic wrap and they have been uncovered since then, they are still looking healthy after 4-5 days of being uncovered but the mold remains, i know this is bad but i dont have any other pots right now, anytihng i can do temporarily? because i really need these clones to survive.... and one more thing.. on one of the clones.. a fan leaf near the bottom has turned really bright yellow... whats the deal with my babies????????? :'(

It can take some time for clones that were taken from flowering plants to get going, only being three days in is not so bad though. If they are still green and standing up then they are still doing allright.
A yellow leaf or two is not uncommon, the plant is using what it has to stay alive so it may kill off a couple of leaves.
I always use a dome on mine and have yet to get mold (unless a dead one gets left in there) the humidity helps keep the plants going. I owuld try to get some of the "safer" brand stuff from home depot or similar and use a small amount on the surface of the jiffy for some mold control, just don't soak the pots with it and kill them.
I'm not sure about the yellow stem/swelling thing, but I think it may be the stem getting ready to make roots.
What PH have you been using in the water and have you been PH adjusting the water you spray them with?

i really dont know the pH of my water, i just use regular tap water that has sat out for a few days, Im glad that its prolly just the stems about to root and im going to repot these very shortly and get a new dome to use, thanks for the quick response and anyone elses opionions are much appreciated :)

Clones like a lower PH and tap water is usually pretty high, around 8 here mostly, that may help. Good luck man.

Latest posts

Back