Old Fart Music Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Alright...Need some kind of music change. NEED NEW TUNES.Hit me with some titles. My top 15 would be ( To sorta help with recommendations ):1. Ministry2. Janes Addiction (Esp. Bootlegs)3. NIN4. Pink Floyd5. Three Days Grace6. U27. Jeff Beck8. Coltrane9. Allman Bros.10. Tracy Chapman 11. Hank Williams. 12. Merle Haggard 13. Greatful Dead 14. Rusted Root. 15. Doors. Man this sucks. I could go on for days.

Rush, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, Elton John....haha.

Have you heard Hank III's newest album? It's great if you like the "alternative" type of country stuff. His stuff before that, eh.

SmokinMom said:
Rush, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, Elton John....haha.
Cool choices. Might pop in some Rush while gettin a free sampe P2P of this.
Biffdoggie said:
Have you heard Hank III's newest album? It's great if you like the "alternative" type of country stuff. His stuff before that, eh.
Thanks, Listenin to silverchair right now though whew sorta kickin my ass LOL

hey I listen to all that too, and i have 2 teen boys who have taste for the new and alternative stuff, some ok most tooo repitisious*
70's 80's classic rock is my Favorite and country new and old, hey try VanZant if you like rock mixed with some country its cool.
PEACE

santana
steely dan
steve miller
stevie ray vaughn
stone temple pilots
supertramp

had the S's on random play

oh oh and T-rex

Man your collection needs freshening, there have been people making music in the last 15 years!!I reckon you might likeThe Kaiser ChiefsThe Arctic MonkeysRazorlightFall out BoyPanic at the DiscoAll quite rocky, but haven´t started to smell yet.More mellowBadly drawn boyJack JohnsonZero 7 Album you will definately likeThe Flaming Lips - At war with the mystics.good luck

Hey this could turn out to be a good recommendation list. Just pop on the genre with it.

all of you members not from Canada.....:)

whatever source you sue for music....search for The Tragically Hip ....an awesome Canadian band...they fall into the Rock genre and are quite popular right across all of Canada

trust me....
10.gif

Van Morrison ,,,peter Tosh ,,,peter Gabriel ,,,hot Tuna ,,,jimmy Buffett ,,,,tenyears After P,l,r

David Bromberg, Guy Clark, John Prine, Alison Krause, Avett Brothers, Asleep at the Wheel, the Chieftans, Fred Eaglesmith.

i reall listen to mostly underground hip hop but i really like anything that is good quality music. and when i say hip hop i dont mean 50 cent or any other crappy rapper youve heard on the internet. as far as music you might like if you like any blues of course Buddy Guy is a great musician. But have you ever heard of Rory Gallagher(spelling?) he is really really good. a phenomenal guitar player really good stuff.

Listen to Greenday, American Idiot, (I love blvd of broken dreams)
PEACE

Old Hippie said:
Listen to Greenday, American Idiot, (I love blvd of broken dreams)
PEACE

That's a good cd. I hated Green Day in the 90s, but I love their new stuff. :)

ever listened to the soundtrack from "the dance", there are several. i like the world music channel. as well as classic rock 'n roll from the 50's to the mid 70's. except elvis.

jimi hendrix,bob marley, damian marley, lynard skynard, neil young, bob dylan, desmond dekker, eric clapton, cream, guns n roses, beatles, the who, manu chao , gypsy kings , nirvana, red hot chili peppers, rolling stones, super tramp , ccr

wesman123123 said:
jimi hendrix,bob marley, damian marley, lynard skynard, neil young, bob dylan, desmond dekker, eric clapton, cream, guns n roses, beatles, the who, manu chao , gypsy kings , nirvana, red hot chili peppers, rolling stones, super tramp , ccr
Now thats a list. ;)

Latest posts

Back