Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoked a couple of hits of the 11 week Freak. Much nicer than the 9 week which was pretty racy. Creative is more like it. I was singing a Broken Bells song in my head all day and after smoking, I picked up my guitar, looked up the chords and was able to play along with the song on YouTube in under 5 minutes. I am not a good guitar player so I blame the weed. I like the later harvest a lot.

Looks like the Freak seeds are making Freak seedlings…
C97E1251-0B07-40AE-A1BC-0132C1347AC3.jpeg

The 3 pots to the right are Freak seeds. The pot on the left has seedlings I suspect were crosses of the Freak male and my OFSG female. No Freakyness that I can see…

Looks like the Freak seeds are making Freak seedlings…View attachment 313733
The 3 pots to the right are Freak seeds. The pot on the left has seedlings I suspect were crosses of the Freak male and my OFSG female. No Freakyness that I can see…
Will probably be the same with my freak bomb crosses. Maybe start a dozen and cull the normal ones : )

I decided to try to separate and repot the plants. So far they haven’t died though the roots were pretty well woven together. Mixed in some Bokashi bran with the new soil which critters in my shed augmented with sunflower seeds. I’ve read that sunflower husks contain a chemical that prevents other seeds from germinating. I hope it doesn’t inhibit root growth. I picked out as many seeds as I could but it got tedious and I got lazy…
8F418257-005A-4275-94CF-6D76B8F77D4E.jpeg

Tomorrow I need to find a bigger box or something to be able to line the plants up under the 2 bulb 4 ft HOT5 light I am using. I think most of these will be Christmas gifts whether the recipients want them or not. I received some Goat and Monkey seeds in the mail today that I would like to grow properly(thank you to the sender who I won’t out here).

Retooled my grow box(kinda) so everyone gets better exposure to the T5. One or two of the seedlings look like they may not make it. No biggie.

Deseeded some of the Freaks. I got a lot of seeds. I won’t let plants free-wheel it ever again…
4C56E5F2-1518-46C7-8774-E61BDE917968.jpeg

Retooled my grow box(kinda) so everyone gets better exposure to the T5. One or two of the seedlings look like they may not make it. No biggie.

Deseeded some of the Freaks. I got a lot of seeds. I won’t let plants free-wheel it ever again…View attachment 314695

I assume you were intending to go for seeds, right?

Any plans to try to feminize some seeds?

I assume you were intending to go for seeds, right?

Any plans to try to feminize some seeds?
Yes. It was a seed run. Just more prolific than I had hoped. I have seen others try the feminizing thing on here. It looks like more work than I am inclined to do. I am a pollen chucker which is slightly below pond scum on the breeder scale. Any future seed grows I will go back quarantining the male and gathering pollen to ‘paint’ onto a bud or two of a female. This was an outside grow and the male was a grower and a shower. I am sure my neighbors, if they grew outside, are pissed their plants have seeds…

Yes. It was a seed run. Just more prolific than I had hoped. I have seen others try the feminizing thing on here. It looks like more work than I am inclined to do. I am a pollen chucker which is slightly below pond scum on the breeder scale. Any future seed grows I will go back quarantining the male and gathering pollen to ‘paint’ onto a bud or two of a female. This was an outside grow and the male was a grower and a shower. I am sure my neighbors, if they grew outside, are pissed their plants have seeds…
I have a method for determining sex of the plants during veg(cut, root clone, flip clone to 12/12 as soon as rooted and voilà). It isn’t as quick as another member is using(actual genetic testing) but it only costs me electricity(and not much as I can use two 14 watt CFL bulbs for a couple of weeks). After flip I can put the male in a crappy low light setup to flower(I think anyway). I just want the pollen so I don’t care if he is uncomfortable…

Latest posts

Back