Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoda get some storms tonight and tomorrow so I stashed the plants under my T5. Put up some anti-cat protection. Hopefully they don’t outsmart me…

Spoda get some storms tonight and tomorrow so I stashed the plants under my T5. Put up some anti-cat protection. Hopefully they don’t outsmart me…
I did that the other night too. Still to small for a storm I think. May transplant mine into some preloaded soil or transplant them into a little bigger pot With organic soil and give them some nutes. They are super slow growing. Had to hide them from my cat Cleo too when I brought mine in to spend the night during the storm.

They seem to like my T5. They seem to have grown more overnight than they have in a week outside. They will be under lights overnight and in the sun for a while to help them catch up. Time’s a wasting…
259443B2-DABB-4DDE-A73C-A96428AFE6F6.jpeg

The soil has been too wet as well which I think is stunting their growth and causing some chlorosis. The roots are likely not taking up enough water due to small size so the soil is a bit waterlogged. I have a fan blowing across them to help dry things out. My fault for worrying about the soil drying out and killing the seedlings. It is a balancing act and my balance has need fked for years…

I have a slow one going right now , was not growing at all pretty much
I carefully replanted the root ball in some good 2 yr old mulch I have been composting in my drum.
Tripled in size in a week.
Still looks like a bonsai tree LOL

I have a slow one going right now , was not growing at all pretty much
I carefully replanted the root ball in some good 2 yr old mulch I have been composting in my drum.
Tripled in size in a week.
Still looks like a bonsai tree LOL
This soil is Unhappy Frog. I would have amended it with some perlite to promote drainage and add aeration but I didn’t. The stuff works well for sprouting and cloning for me but I have been popping seeds in very small seedling trays. I hadn’t popped beans in these containers before using Unhappy Frog so I will chalk this one up to being a lame brain…

I went to Jamaica on a family vacation when I was 15 I think. Me and my older sister were drinking in the hotel bar(yep-drinking at 15 in a bar-I had a beard). A bunch of Navy dudes started chatting my sister up and asked her if she wanted to get high. She said only if I could come too. They said they had traded a boom box for a pound of lambsbread. We smoked a couple of hits and just about saw God. My sister was pretty wasted so I told the sailors we were headed back to the hotel. They weren’t happy about that. Pretty sure they wanted to run train on her. Not sure if that was Kali but it was potent. I guess when you grow as a sacrament, you learn a trick or two.
If you have never watched the "Strain hunter" videos, check the one where they go to Jamacia. All their videos are great. It's like National Geographic for the cannabis of world. In depth discussions with the locals involved, very cool.

Bubba

Back in the day, I only smoked one weed stronger. My main source called me up and told me to bring $160. The prices had gone up since the Michoacán days, but not that much. I got to his place, he tosses me ONE pound, and takes my money. W T F? He said it was Jamaican Redroot Kali, it was for a pound, not a key, and that he'd only gotten three and not to call him begging for another. Told me to take it home and try a joint, and if I didn't like it, bring it back.

I didn't take it back. Never had weed rock me like that before. You could honestly wake up with a weed hangover. Straight Sativa, and it had seeds, but not a lot. Half of them were twice the normal size, and those, when grown, had the biggest fan leaves I'd ever seen. I think the biggest cluster had 17 leaves on it. Never got a chance to see the buds. My sweet Mom gave 'em a dose of bleach (never put bleach in your hydro tank) and killed them after my big brother got home from college and told her they weren't hybrid tomato plants. :(
So remember the Michoacán in the day. Everybody's excited, smoke in the room actually smells good. A little more expensive, the other I remember is the Oaxacan (spelling) just as nice.

Recently I have been chasing the old school high....maybe I'm remembering differently. That's a good path (speaking of these two Mexican strains) I assume so start looking for those two.

What I'm finding is them crossed with something else, rather have the straight landrace of them, maybe no longer possible? The search continues.

Bubba

If you have never watched the "Strain hunter" videos, check the one where they go to Jamacia. All their videos are great. It's like National Geographic for the cannabis of world. In depth discussions with the locals involved, very cool.

Bubba
Haven’t seen that one but I have watched some Strain Hunter videos. They are entertaining for sure.

So remember the Michoacán in the day. Everybody's excited, smoke in the room actually smells good. A little more expensive, the other I remember is the Oaxacan (spelling) just as nice.

Recently I have been chasing the old school high....maybe I'm remembering differently. That's a good path (speaking of these two Mexican strains) I assume so start looking for those two.

What I'm finding is them crossed with something else, rather have the straight landrace of them, maybe no longer possible? The search continues.

Bubba
I was wondering if my taste buds had degraded or if old timey bud did taste better. I suspect my taste buds are shot because I also recall hashish tasting better back in the 70’s(I was a very young fogey in the period you folks are talking about).

BTW-that link to the comparison of nutrients was very good. I had read the posters take on the GH nutes years back since I was using them but I didn’t have enough experience or background to understand his analysis. I am still light years behind but enjoy learning as much as I can. I had been using organic blackstrap molasses but the brix level for that is a lot lower than the Hi Brix stuff. I will be adding that to my regimen.

I was wondering if my taste buds had degraded or if old timey bud did taste better. I suspect my taste buds are shot because I also recall hashish tasting better back in the 70’s(I was a very young fogey in the period you folks are talking about).

BTW-that link to the comparison of nutrients was very good. I had read the posters take on the GH nutes years back since I was using them but I didn’t have enough experience or background to understand his analysis. I am still light years behind but enjoy learning as much as I can. I had been using organic blackstrap molasses but the brix level for that is a lot lower than the Hi Brix stuff. I will be adding that to my regimen.
I refer to it all the time...he really put the time and work in.

Bubba

Naked soil. I think I’ll give them a sip of something light
I would go with a quarter strength. My brother is a new grower(and is doing his best to kill the plants). He told me yesterday he is getting leaf tip burn. I told him to skip a feeding or two. He said he is worried that he may lose some yield. I told him again to skip a feeding. He said he might just feed them half strength. I told him that there is likely nutes built up in the soil and I would skip a feeding or two. He said he’d probably just go with half. I told him again to skip a feeding… grrrrrr…

Latest posts

Back