Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fed a bunch of plants in my garden and just diluted what I had after finishing the garden feeding. I have some pepper plants that look really hungry.
I gave mine 1/2 dose yesterday in a new pot of soil. They look ok this morning. I’m a bit impatient too Fogey
DE9DECF3-77A3-454A-BBE3-69E052269796.jpeg

I must have 2 phenos. The top one is very whispy. They spent yesterday under the T5’s and grew quite a bit. The bottom one I got impatient on and ‘helped’ remove its hard hat…
CE257308-065C-4448-A7B9-82211BC7D1D4.jpeg
D94191BD-947D-4339-9888-1178D5E9A43D.jpeg

I ruined my ruse with Mrs Fogey. I showed her my plants and asked her what they were. She said they were marigolds and asked if I still had more seeds. Me chuckling didn’t help and she caught on. At least when they start stinking up the yard she won’t think she has reverse Covid and that it made her sense of smell super keen…

It is frustrating but I don’t like to discourage him from thinking for himself. He killed his first seedlings by watering them constantly even though I kept telling him they were drowning. I still don’t think he believes it. He thought my seeds were the problem for a while until I felt obliged to show him they will grow. I wouldn’t have any plants going right now if he hadn’t forced my hand.
It's just a beginner thing. They feel like they need to "do something" all the time. Tiny sprout keels over drowned, and they apply everything the grow store sells in effort to revive it.

Pretty soon you notice if you leave them alone and follow sane nute/dirt/light protocol, your yield goes up.

Bubba

I think it is also true for dirt but I don’t like the crispy tips. I kinda watch the leaves color
I basically do as you describe when I use dirt, but just the very tippy tip. Much more and a bit o' burn may be coming. I have always found better results slightly under feeding (relative to instructions) than over feeding.

WHOOPS! Responding to hippie in post #119
Bubba

Last edited:
Some douchey animal tipped a couple of my Freaks over. Replanted it. Hope it recovers…
5DECFEEC-B88E-44FF-8C4F-8B691AA973CC.jpeg

I hope it doesn’t slow down their growth 😎 anything slower on these plants would be backing up…
Judging by the root on the one that got de-potted, the roots are not very vigorous. Mine are about 16 days from sowing the seeds. I fed them some epsom salt, molasses and micro nutes yesterday. They ain’t dead yet…

Judging by the root on the one that got de-potted, the roots are not very vigorous. Mine are about 16 days from sowing the seeds. I fed them some epsom salt, molasses and micro nutes yesterday. They ain’t dead yet…
My thin roots got disturbed when I transplanted them. Didn’t seem to bother them. They are growing fast as ever 😂

Foggy
I thought you were legal for 6 plants , does the wife not want you growing weed?

Foggy
I thought you were legal for 6 plants , does the wife not want you growing weed?
We dan grow 6 plants per person but a maximum of 12 per household. My wife just doesn’t want the yard stinking like pot again or to feel weird if someone comes over to visit and sees cannabis trees. Add that to the fact that I already have so much excess bud laying around that it doesn’t really make sense to grow more. She lets me do what I want to but I know her feelings on growing and try to find a peaceful medium. She knows I enjoy growing so she doesn’t brow beat me about it. She accepts it. If Massachsetts wasn’t so caught up in controlling cannabis growing, I could justify it to both her and myself. I can’t legally sell it so I don’t.

Hey I think they look bigger
They are. I need to go to my local hardware store tomorrow anyway and am planning on picking up something with mycorrhizae fungi in it as I read that helps with root development. The ‘Unhappy Frog’ soil I have is supposed to have mycorrhizae fungi but I want to supplement the soil to encourage root growth. I know Pro Mix is good for that but a bale is like $70 and I am a cheap old fart…

They are. I need to go to my local hardware store tomorrow anyway and am planning on picking up something with mycorrhizae fungi in it as I read that helps with root development. The ‘Unhappy Frog’ soil I have is supposed to have mycorrhizae fungi but I want to supplement the soil to encourage root growth. I know Pro Mix is good for that but a bale is like $70 and I am a cheap old fart…
I can’t get the pro mix around here

Latest posts

Back