Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be growing something outside. Those freaks look good on the back deck if you set up your tent perhaps you can have a backup in case Mother Nature hits you again. Maybe don’t plant on the hill… put you legal grow in a safe place in your yard. I say no way you will have all those great seeds and not plant anything. You will change your mind by spring…😊

Not sure I will do much of an outdoor grow next year. I had great hopes for this last seasons grow but was disappointed when the weather fkd me during the last few weeks of flowering. It is all fun and games until Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate…

I’ve only tried to grow tomatoes outside as a test run and I had absolutely horrific results (caterpillars). So I’m indoor-only for gardening,

I hope you decide to grow the Freakshow out,….such a cool strain,

I transplanted all 8 plants into 2 or 3 liter(maybe quarts😊)pots a few days ago. Butchered them pretty good today to take cuttings. Trying to root them using a modified @boo method(because I couldn’t find pods to put them in other than peat pods). When rooted, I am flipping directly to flower so I can cull the males(I have my suspicions about 3 of the Freaks-taller and lankier like their father), put up my tent and start growing these like I give a sh!t. They have been ghetto’d so far with too little light and a cardboard box enclosure. A few more weeks of living like they are homeless and then transplant the ladies(hoping for 4 plants) into 3 gallon pots and into the tent. Pics when I get around to it…

Last edited:
My cats are evil. They knocked over my clone tray(onto the donor plants no less) so I couldn’t tell which cutting came from which plant. Tossed them all. Half had roots but I was only going to use them to identify sex of the donor plants. Meh… They also pulled the light down on the plants. Fortunately, it is a T5 so not much burnage… Plan is to set up my tent next week.
2C1AF9BA-09A4-4B26-9DE4-C52B25E75453.jpeg

My cat Cleo is the devil about getting into things when we are asleep. Every morning I see what she got into the night before and try to cover it or move things around to make it more difficult for her. Last night she took several pieces of candy out of the dish, chewed on them and left them for my dog maryjane to find.
74575BEB-7F9D-4DF3-B5CD-60709779E815.jpeg

Mrs Fogey was complaining about the bud I have in my ‘smoking tin’. I have been smoking some 3 year old bud because it has better pain and inflammation relief qualities and a more mellow buzz. She wanted some ‘one hit wonder’ bud. Enter the Freakshow. One bong hit and she was BAKED and CHATTY. All I know is I slept for over 8 hours last night vs my usual 5-6 hours.

There will be an outdoor Freakshow grow in northeastern CT this year. Gave a buddy some seeds yesterday. He has a farm with plenty of composted manure so I am hoping he gets trees…

It is amazing how ignoring these plants seems to be working out well. I water them every few days. Haven’t fed them in a couple weeks. They are all in a few quarts of dirt. By rights they should be deficient in something…
DC6FD9B5-34F7-4EE7-85D7-9DC065E92D76.jpeg

4 Freaks, 2 OFSG’s a dahlia and a canna Lilly.

It is amazing how ignoring these plants seems to be working out well. I water them every few days. Haven’t fed them in a couple weeks. They are all in a few quarts of dirt. By rights they should be deficient in something…View attachment 323660
4 Freaks, 2 OFSG’s a dahlia and a canna Lilly.

looking good Amigo

sometimes less is more eh

The basement brood is living outside now. It has been cold and wet here, they are undoubtedly rootbound and living in a box weakened to stems and killed to lower leaves. Not sure if the new growth is so light because of the cold, being rootbound or my lack of feeding(probably all of the above). I am going to feed them and scout out a good place(or places) to plant them and let them do their thing. 4 Freaks and 2 OFSG plants…
CAE62334-07F4-407C-B347-F163E57AE3A0.jpeg

They almost look like they are about to start flowering

They almost look like they are about to start flowering
I hope not but they will reveg if they do. I guess it would be nice to see who is what though. We have 13 hours of daylight here so maybe they are confused since then went from 24/7 light to 13 hrs. Maybe to cold triggered some survival gene too. It has been in the upper 30’s at night but I am an evil bastard and let them struggle. Or maybe I am just lazy…

That could do it...I've accidentally started flower my veg tent twice now....I had a timer malfunction and those light green tops gave it away

12/12 is probably a a foolproof way to trick them into flowering but a drastic change in lighting coupled with a drastic environmental change may do the same.
Very true

Latest posts

Back