Old Fogey’s breeding project seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to root the #1 female top that something bent in half for me. 10 days after cutting it down to about 6”, trimming the fan leaves and sticking it in dirt, the cutting still looks viable. Maybe I will have another multivariety crowded tent grow come fall…

I decided since we are having a heat wave here(I know that is relative as we are getting low 90’s and many in this country are getting mid 100’s temps), I should water the hillside gang. The didn’t appear to need any water though. I think their roots must have found a good source of water. There is a culvert/catch basin about 30 yards away up hill so that must be filtering water down to them. Good deal for me since I had to pick a dozen or so ticks off my gorilla legs after checking them. No sign of flowers yet. It is early but I see other folks on here getting flowers outside already. Latitude matters…
8CC4790D-F132-470F-A536-2F2793DC829B.jpeg
6ADB18FB-D1FF-4AAF-A4B5-194705C646B0.jpeg
CFAF31CE-E1D2-4E2E-82D4-3CD93329D0B2.jpeg
F4E917E6-6C24-4111-B5E1-A61E6E02D9F5.jpeg
4F20D273-0D90-4F30-8E83-F4E5B0BE20A1.jpeg
D694C3CC-F513-4FD4-9E27-E36880892EE6.jpeg
5746B993-7C5A-4AE1-82D5-1A03D99573C1.jpeg

So these seeds are from a ‘Lemon’ cross and a ‘Grape’ cross. The Lemon was (Lemon Larry x Lemon Thai) x Oregon Lemons and was the male. The Grape was (Gorilla Grape x Grape Stomper) x Grape Kush and (obviously) was the female. Both are from a former member gifted me from another former member.
So my buddy Shannon up here got some chocolate Thai cuts from Southern California and I think he drove them back to f****** Vermont the crazy bastard he grew that outdoor last summer some of the best outdoor I've ever had in the last 15 years I don't know what that chocolate Thai cut is but it's one you should cut it and Chase I have some seed of it if you're interested, I like watching projects like this to see what can come out of it I'd like to follow your thread here and see your progress if that's cool?

So my buddy Shannon up here got some chocolate Thai cuts from Southern California and I think he drove them back to f****** Vermont the crazy bastard he grew that outdoor last summer some of the best outdoor I've ever had in the last 15 years I don't know what that chocolate Thai cut is but it's one you should cut it and Chase I have some seed of it if you're interested, I like watching projects like this to see what can come out of it I'd like to follow your thread here and see your progress if that's cool?
Thx. I am small time though. I think I will be able to scratch my sativa itch with the Freakshow plants I am fighting right now. They will need to finish up inside I think. I am in Massachusetts and our growing season ends in chilly rain normally so I don’t see a good end for these in-ground plants. Vermont gets chilly but I don’t think it is as rainy so a late fall finish is probably more likely up that way. I just couldn’t bring myself to throw them in the compost heap.

I had a friend that was helping me with some of the ace gear he was growing in the middle of the state around Northfield and I forget what it was I think it was the the Malawi's the purple Malawi's not only did the poor bastard get covid but he had to launch he said like four of his best plants over the bank into the compost heap cuz they just couldn't there was no mold resistance last year was brutal outdoor I guess for some of the heavier flowering cultivars. I actually used to visit family when I picked tobacco down in Northwestern no Northeastern Mass up by lately North Hatfield I used to go down to Deerfield Pond to fish and it was always pot growing down there brother, of course I'm talking about like 88

This is a great thread, hope someday to do a little breeding myself. Your strains all look good so far
Thanks. This was a proof of concept grow. I wanted to be sure my seeds were viable. My brother started some in January and they all died he thought it may be the seeds but as we can see, the seeds were not the problem. He is growing 2 other crosses I made with the same male(Lemon Larry x Lemon Thai) now. The plants I am growing are all ((Gorilla Grape x Grape Stomper) x Grape Kush)). The plants my brother has are Mimosa and Golden Lemon crosses. When he gets closer to harvest, I will post some better pics. These are some recent pics. Not sure what is what though…
3D5C7FEE-DAD1-47F7-B3C4-544C3FCF5466.jpeg
440CF99B-D01A-4074-984E-F09F8CD0044C.jpeg
FCC40008-B6F7-419D-8837-D065964E980A.jpeg

I had a friend that was helping me with some of the ace gear he was growing in the middle of the state around Northfield and I forget what it was I think it was the the Malawi's the purple Malawi's not only did the poor bastard get covid but he had to launch he said like four of his best plants over the bank into the compost heap cuz they just couldn't there was no mold resistance last year was brutal outdoor I guess for some of the heavier flowering cultivars. I actually used to visit family when I picked tobacco down in Northwestern no Northeastern Mass up by lately North Hatfield I used to go down to Deerfield Pond to fish and it was always pot growing down there brother, of course I'm talking about like 88
My last outdoor grow(2018 or so) was a disaster of sorts. In October, it rained nearly everyday. I tried to help the plants by putting a cabana top over them but still got done bud rot. All you can do is try…

I like how those fan leaves are changing color. Those are gonna be beautiful when they finish up.
He said some of them are reddish but I think most of the color is from the blurple LEDs he has. The Mimosa mom had nice purple hues though so that is a possibility. I think the Lemon x Lemon cross will be interesting. The Golden Lemon mom was really uplifting(Mrs Fogey’s favorite) and the male has some Thai in it so I think it will be a nice buzz. Hopefully I get to sample it but he is about 2 hours away…

Foggy
On the outdoor plants , do you plan on feeding them or is it grow as is?
I have been feeding them Kelp4Less nutes(grow and Extreme Blend-because it is what I have, not by choice necessarily). I think 2 doses so far. Today they got some EM-1 because I had water with it mixed in. Too far away and too many insects to go more than a couple of times a week. The ticks are crazy. Once I see some indication of flowering, I will switch to the K4L bloom and EB + EM. The soil is not amended so they may get hungry or the may find a good source of goodies somewhere in the soil. It has been ‘fallow’ for years with just weeds and grasses cycling year after year.

Possums actively eat ticks i just found out.
Id be willing to spend a few seasons trying to get some highland Guerrero mexican lines acclimated to our area. I see mass/ VT,maine......
NH all will be getting warmer maybe even having our growing regions change it seems.

Id be willing to spend a few seasons trying to get some highland Guerrero mexican lines acclimated to our area. I see mass/ VT,maine......
NH all will be getting warmer maybe even having our growing regions change it seems.
lol

They can eat up to 5500 Ticks a season
Maybe we should start releasing them in public parks
Wild turkeys like them too. My yard is void of ticks. I need to put seed over by my plants to encourage my buddy Tommie Turkey Salami to go de-tick the area.

I am hoping for beach front property without moving from Central Massachusetts…

I use solar heat in my house. Very green. The sun heats up the roof and makes my house do warm in the summer that I have to use my central air conditioning. In the winter, I have to supplement the solar heat with my oil burner. I also use solar generated fuel in my wood stove. So I am definitely doing my part to use solar energy. My car is partially electric. It has a battery to start it up. I use wind power too. On cool days, I open my windows and the breeze cools my house off. I am a poster child for the Green New Steal, er, I mean Deal…

The clone I made from the deer damage appears to be taking root. I am surprised since I don’t know how long it was broken before I grabbed the top. I had forgotten about the cutting. It was living in my picture window in a pot wrapped in plastic when I noticed the cutting was pushing the plastic wrap up. If I had needed this clone to root, it would probably be dead already.
Congas, couch, cactus, cutting and coffee…
65BCC0E2-75FF-431A-B7B3-7BB7CC8425A9.jpeg

Latest posts

Back