Old Fogey’s breeding project seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I pollinated some plants a couple of years(?) ago. I got a butt load of seeds out of the plants. These that I have growing now are just to prove to myself that the seeds are viable. They are. I planted 4 seeds and got six seedlings. Weird. 2 of the seeds must have had twin embryos. I don’t know what that means as far as the end result(hermies, mutants, super plants, normal plants, awful plants). My plan is to veg these until they go to their foster home but I may keep a couple and plant them outside. A friend has a breeding program going so he is the foster farmer. I planted the seeds Feb 18th so they are about 6 weeks old. I am not taking good care of them. They are in a freaking box in my furnace room with a 2 bulb t5 light.
D8AE41B9-4B15-442C-8924-EA80F6FCD07A.jpeg
D06750F4-A8B0-49D4-A729-2001F48D9765.jpeg

So these seeds are from a ‘Lemon’ cross and a ‘Grape’ cross. The Lemon was (Lemon Larry x Lemon Thai) x Oregon Lemons and was the male. The Grape was (Gorilla Grape x Grape Stomper) x Grape Kush and (obviously) was the female. Both are from a former member gifted me from another former member.

Thanks but it is always easier when one doesn’t really care what happens to the plants. They get the same care at this point as my houseplants do. Occasional nutes and water. Well they get daily water but they are in half pint pots.

So these seeds are from a ‘Lemon’ cross and a ‘Grape’ cross. The Lemon was (Lemon Larry x Lemon Thai) x Oregon Lemons and was the male. The Grape was (Gorilla Grape x Grape Stomper) x Grape Kush and (obviously) was the female. Both are from a former member gifted me from another former member.
That is unclear after reading it. I was gifted(traded actually some Mimosa F1 plants and F2 seeds for the above clones).

sometimes ganja growers over complicate growing weed

keeping it simple works
Agreed. In my past grow journals, I have always been as detailed as I can be. I use my grow journals as a kind of notepad so I can look back and see what I did in certain grows to try to tweak what I do. It is a plant and will do what plants do. Tricks of the trade or happy accidents can make the difference between a good harvest and a great harvest. I am still hoping someday to have a great harvest. This won’t be it as I am not growing all of these out. Kinda kills the anticipation I suppose. Funny, when I started, I planned on giving them all away. As it has progressed, I have pulled back on that plan and am thinking I will keep the 2 smallest plants for an outdoor grow. I am now also leaning towards keeping some clones going in case the person who does the flowering on these finds these to be something awesome. My sloppy version of OCD is a struggle I tell ya…

Took some cuttings today for clones on 5 of the 6 plants I have. The 6th plant is one of the twins and is kinda like Danny DiVito from the movie Twins. It is a candidate for making it a bonsai tree. Anyone ever keep a cannabis plant as a houseplant for a long time? I have a 20+ year old poinsettia plant that my wife hates. It is kinda fugly…

Transplanted from 2 cup pots to 2 quart pots today. I am using some Fox Farm soil(don’t remember what kind and I don’t feel like going downstairs to check). I have been giving them Kelp4Less Grow Part A and B as well as Extreme Blend probably once a week.
50A1A87A-F214-4DBB-9652-60842DFCFE1A.jpeg
94CCC6AB-A466-4CFA-B9A9-4899A7171558.jpeg

Clones are still looking ok. No wilting. I spritzed them once. No additional water. Both of those approaches are new for me. I have been told that misting too frequently makes it so the cuttings do not need roots(misting can also leach nutes from what I have read/been told).

Transplanted from 2 cup pots to 2 quart pots today. I am using some Fox Farm soil(don’t remember what kind and I don’t feel like going downstairs to check). I have been giving them Kelp4Less Grow Part A and B as well as Extreme Blend probably once a week.View attachment 293395View attachment 293396

hey now old fogey , get downstairs and tell us what flavor of soil you are using

take a few sammiches and a glass of milk down there with you so you’ll have strength to get back upstairs

(you babies sure look healthy)

hey now old fogey , get downstairs and tell us what flavor of soil you are using

take a few sammiches and a glass of milk down there with you so you’ll have strength to get back upstairs

(you babies sure look healthy)
I will get right on that…

and they don’t look healthy due to me. I am being a poor caretaker to these ‘kids’. They are damn near homeless what with living in a cardboard box and all…

Almost 2 weeks from my lame cheapskate cloning attempt(dirt, a 5 gallon bucket, some plastic wrap, tape and 2 2700k 13 watt cfl’s). Looks like it is working. One clone is droopy but the others look healthy. One even has done roots visible. I guess not caring works for me…

Attachments

• E807E765-60D5-4BF6-B8DB-DA4ACC31FFE2.jpeg
    E807E765-60D5-4BF6-B8DB-DA4ACC31FFE2.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 3
Almost 2 weeks from my lame cheapskate cloning attempt(dirt, a 5 gallon bucket, some plastic wrap, tape and 2 2700k 13 watt cfl’s). Looks like it is working. One clone is droopy but the others look healthy. One even has done roots visible. I guess not caring works for me…
I watched my first clones way to close causing anxiety in every way. My second clones were just from trimming that I didn’t want to waste. Didn’t really need the clones but every one rooted beautifully in the root riot plugs I tried. No stress and when I first looked for roots, they were covered in them. Guess I’m getting better in worrying in every step of the way in my grow

How long do folks veg clones before switching to 12/12 lighting if you are only interested in sexing them?

I took the clones to try to sex the plants for the guy I am giving them to. He wants males because he has an actual breeding program(unlike my pollen chucking). He may take the females also but I wanted to work on my cloning ‘chops’ and see if I could determine sex of the mothers before putting any of them outside if I keep any.

Latest posts

Back