Old Fogey’s breeding project seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houseplant/multiplant reveg is doing ok…
DDCB72C4-C9C5-4601-959A-070B7F4C7883.jpeg

This is a great thread, hope someday to do a little breeding myself. Your strains all look good so far
The title is a little bit ‘tongue in cheek’. I am no breeder. I just had a male with solid genetics and 3 females (with solid genetics as well)that I liked to smoke. The plants I am growing are all one cross between something called a Triple Grape female and something called a Triple Lemon male. My brother is growing the crosses of a Mimosa female and a Golden Lemon female with the Triple Lemon male. I think he got labeling scrambled so he won’t be able to ID what is what unfortunately. His flowers look nice though(he is growing in a tent)and I will post pics as he sends them to me. I also have a friend who is in the industry growing the Triple Grape cross. Pics to come on those(also an outside grow). These are all F1 seeds do there likely to be different phenotypes up the ying yang. The bummer is I only have a clone of one of my plants so if I find what would be a ‘keeper’, it needs to be that one…

So foggy I had a thought the other day, let's say you had like five Gerber jars with different male pollen all Superstar looking males and you had a female with you know several branches apical flowers couldn't you feasibly pollinate each branch with a different male's pollen, just for s**** and giggles to see what kind of variations come out of those seeds?

So foggy I had a thought the other day, let's say you had like five Gerber jars with different male pollen all Superstar looking males and you had a female with you know several branches apical flowers couldn't you feasibly pollinate each branch with a different male's pollen, just for s**** and giggles to see what kind of variations come out of those seeds?
You could try that. I read that cannabis pollen has evolved to be very good at using air currents to spread(the article said they found pollen from Moroccan plants in Portugal hundreds of miles away). So personally I don’t think you could be absolutely sure that the pollen from different males were kept separate. I have used a small paint brush to pollinate a single bud site in the past but wound up with a few seeds on bud sites I did not intend to pollinate. As I said in an earlier post, I am no breeder. I am just doing this because I need something to keep me occupied. Breeders should have very meticulous habits. I am scatterbrained…

I think these plants must be part rabbit. I got 6 plants out of 4 seeds and I am 12 for 12 on clones. Even the deer attack victim took root. I was 50% at best in my previous cloning attempts and I thought I was doing everything right. This deer attack victim was just the top half of a plant that I brought home, stuck in some dirt and covered with plastic wrap. No cloning solution, no heating mat, nothing. It can’t be that easy…

My brother sent me some pics of his grow. These are the Mimosa and Golden Lemon crosses(not sure which is which). These are about 6 and a half weeks in flower. I am digging the red. I am happy my seeds are not junk.
41CB0237-8910-4AA1-A924-8E21C486FDD2.jpeg
F7EB883D-9F16-4EA0-A02A-1CC850221C21.jpeg
61A5B129-1486-41E4-8094-BFDED84D72B6.jpeg
1408D367-A158-41EB-93D3-E027AD5911BC.jpeg

Not much growth on the hillside crew. I topped them again to try to keep them more stealthy. No pre-flowers yet. Gave them a drink but they appear to be doing fine without it in the dry heat regardless. There is insect damage on some lower leaves but nothing recent. I am not really planning on spraying them anyway. They are just going to do what they do.
5A9763B1-5325-4124-9A10-AF5B5E3D5597.jpeg
9C155EAA-3B79-4C0D-8931-A5A42F807310.jpeg
07C74F76-262D-40AA-B52D-74F803FB5379.jpeg
611B8A9A-CA7F-4ADD-A7AC-8BF17B1FEAA3.jpeg

Must be getting to that time of year here. My houseplant version of this grow is starting to shoot out pistils. A male I have in a couple pint container has been flowering for about a month.

The hillside crew is safe. The town cut the weeds/grass all around the cistern/pond above the crew so I can see the area they are in without risking Lyme or Powoson disease but the plants are still hidden from view. If someone knowing where the plants are can’t see them, nobody will be able to see them(famous last words). I need to limit my visits to the plants. The path I take still looks like it could be an animal trail. I don’t want to jeopardize that…

I found some white flies on my male in the yard and one on the houseplant. Sprayed the snot out of them with done spinosad. Going to have to check the hillsiders too. Not today. It is fecking hot…

I found some white flies on my male in the yard and one on the houseplant. Sprayed the snot out of them with done spinosad. Going to have to check the hillsiders too. Not today. It is fecking hot…

I went out this morning to inspect the plants and I was severely attacked by bazillions of mosquitoes so I quit and came inside

we have had more than normal rainfall here , thus the mosquito outbreak

Not much growth on the hillside crew. I topped them again to try to keep them more stealthy. No pre-flowers yet. Gave them a drink but they appear to be doing fine without it in the dry heat regardless. There is insect damage on some lower leaves but nothing recent. I am not really planning on spraying them anyway. They are just going to do what they do.View attachment 304874View attachment 304875View attachment 304876View attachment 304877

those girls are looking happy and healthy

they will change a lot in the next 30 days!

White leafhoppers not white flies

Latest posts

Back