Old Fogey’s breeding project seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good fogey8!

ahhhh , outdoor growing , makes us better gardeners

what will it be today?

my neighbor grows in a $40,000 greenhouse and he has a bad infestation of mites so I lent him some Pyganic to knock them down

im growing under the $0 big light in the sky and I don’t have mites

looking good fogey8!

ahhhh , outdoor growing , makes us better gardeners

what will it be today?

my neighbor grows in a $40,000 greenhouse and he has a bad infestation of mites so I lent him some Pyganic to knock them down

im growing under the $0 big light in the sky and I don’t have mites
Thanks big.

Healthy plants seem to be immune to a lot of the trials and tribulations of not-as-healthy outdoor plants. Anecdotally, I found mites on my cramped 6-plants-in-gallon-pot grow(unhealthy) yesterday. The Freaks look like they have no bugs. They are dark, dark green and glossy(by my standards anyway). It could be that the leaves are so fk’d looking that I am not seeing mites or it could be the strandivar or it could be that healthy plants are distasteful to bugs. They all got a spinosad treatment yesterday anyway.

First spider mites and now some Powdery Mildew. Not the healthiest plants in the planet so I guess that should be expected. After the sun goes behind the trees today, the ‘houseplant’ will get a soaking with some Dr Zymes. Prolly do the Freaks as well…

The ‘houseplant’ looks hungry but 6 plants in a gallon container is gonna do that. I am going to give a top dressing of some organic fertilizer granules I have in the shed and give everyone some AN nutes.

Thanks big.

Healthy plants seem to be immune to a lot of the trials and tribulations of not-as-healthy outdoor plants. Anecdotally, I found mites on my cramped 6-plants-in-gallon-pot grow(unhealthy) yesterday. The Freaks look like they have no bugs. They are dark, dark green and glossy(by my standards anyway). It could be that the leaves are so fk’d looking that I am not seeing mites or it could be the strandivar or it could be that healthy plants are distasteful to bugs. They all got a spinosad treatment yesterday anyway.
Maybe the Freaks are too ugly to look yummy to mites? 🤪

Nah. I found some webbing and at least on mite yesterday. I hadn’t blasted them with spinosad(like I said I was going to) so I did that yesterday.
You are in flower No?
I thought you were one who never sprayed after plants were in flower
Spinosad up to what week in flower do you spray before stopping it?

You are in flower No?
I thought you were one who never sprayed after plants were in flower
Spinosad up to what week in flower do you spray before stopping it?
Foliar feeding-no. OMRI-rated bug killer early, early in flower with bugs-no choice. Sometimes you have gotta do what you gotta do, right? I might try hoppers alcohol, dish liquid and water if the mites return.

Yep,,Alcohol mixed in water with a teaspoon of dishsoap. Use about 30% alcohol to 70% water. It will kill them and not put poison on your buds. It can effect some of the trichcomes because it has some alcohol but that better then screwing up the buds with pesticides you will be smoking.

Yep,,Alcohol mixed in water with a teaspoon of dishsoap. Use about 30% alcohol to 70% water. It will kill them and not put poison on your buds. It can effect some of the trichcomes because it has some alcohol but that better then screwing up the buds with pesticides you will be smoking.
The alcohol probably evaporates anyway. Rain will hopefully wash away the soap and spinosad.

After sheltering inside the last couple of days, I put the girls outside. This is a ‘seedy’ neighborhood at best. Need to go check the hillside crew today.
AA111A7E-4713-4749-81EA-37FA542B698D.jpeg
57A4530C-7C27-401E-9D71-986231620B9F.jpeg

Some bug damage on the hillside crew but looking relatively ok for having little parental supervision. Getting a fair amount of tree litter on the plants. The eastern white pines are opening their cones and dropping the sheathing so it is what it is. One may be visible from the visitors softball bench close by. I will try to tie her down a bit next visit.
28DE6383-4F5D-4273-AF6B-06F831A0F172.jpeg
22A9E916-CC76-4612-846C-13278B21C951.jpeg
A0F559A7-625E-4395-AA21-53E1730F72C6.jpeg
95691465-83BB-461D-841D-EAECC45FA91A.jpeg
8C32260A-90A1-44FF-8F93-A504698E4ADA.jpeg
F2C39CCF-EF7E-4701-B67D-FC38F23F442A.jpeg
F9201297-81F0-4C1B-AE1B-9237ACE8BF6C.jpeg
57602F9A-64AA-4BB1-854E-C27972174BD8.jpeg

I was up at the softball field where I thought the visitors bench might have sight on my hillside girls. Looks like they are not visible. If they were taller(they are all 3.5-4 ft tall), that might change. Note to self: if I use the same area next year, I need to shift north maybe 10 yards. That should get them more sun as well.

Latest posts

Back