Old Fogey’s Munchy Diner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I will most likely never open a diner but if I did, it would be extreme comfort food offerings only. I ain’t good at much but I can whip up some pretty tasty munchies.

On the menu:

Chicken Marsala topped with Pasta sandwich on Fogey’s home made Crusty Round bread(made with a ‘sponge’ recipe to give it a sourdough taste). Optional drenching in Fogeys Marsala sauce for those that prefer eating a sandwich with a fork.

Special K with half and half or iceyour choice of flavors - house specialties include Strawberry/Blueberry mix or Chocolate Chunk

Fogey’s Crusty Round bread(cold or toasted)with softened butter. Choice of additional sides:peanut butter, jelly, cinnamon and sugar, French fries and gravy

Cast Iron Pan mashed home fries-home fries cooked to crispy then cooked some more until they self mash. Bacon grease and olive oil for frying and honey added prior to serving.

Fogey’s home made tomato sauce and meat balls on pasta, chicken rice pilaf or cheesey garlic bread

Homemade meatball sandwiches on garlic bread or Fogey’s Crusty Round bread baked with mozzarella cheese until crispy

Fogey’s homemade chili with ground beef, stew beef chunks, pork loin chunks and assorted peppers and sweet onion-served with a hunk of CR bread and butter

Ameoba shaped pizza made with CR bread dough for crust and homemade tomato sauce-suggested topping include meatballs, crispy bacon, sweet onions, chicken Marsala

Smoothies made with brown bananas, blueberries, strawberries, mango, keifer, almond milk and almonds-protein powder available upon request.

Fogey’s homemade apple pie with apple crisp top crust. A la mode or with whipped cream.

Half pound burgers on potato rolls topped with cheese, bacon, chili, etc.

More to come. You’d think I was a huge person but not yet.

Easy money is in the booze....better get a liquor license. Wine you by at the liquor store is $10 but when bought by the bottle at a restaurant it is $38....400% mark up from liquor store prices. I know I commit this sin every time me and Mrs Pute go out.

French fries and mayo/catsup sauce- If you haven’t tried it, the Dutch love it and they smoke a lot of weed…

Easy money is in the booze....better get a liquor license. Wine you by at the liquor store is $10 but when bought by the bottle at a restaurant it is $38....400% mark up from liquor store prices. I know I commit this sin every time me and Mrs Pute go out.
Old Fogey’s Vodka Powerade drink. So you don’t get dehydrated if you get $hitfaced.

Frozen wine slushies-delicious andgoes down easy on the sun drenched deck

Frozen Bushwhackah - my sister-in-law turned us in to these in her Woostah accent. Rum, Kahlua, Crème de Cocoa, cream of coconut, milk and ice. It’s got a kick.

Chicken Breast Treasure Hunt-find the chicken in a pile of crispy stuffing topped with gravy.

I think I will need to have table side AED’s and waitstaff trained as EMT’s…

Are you Dutch fogey? I am told that I am Dutch, German and Cherokee.
I am not but spent a month there a few years back for business. I am Swedish, Irish and Scottish. No genetic alcoholism there, right? ;)

I guess I am going to have to work on building the diner, getting the permits and staff and procuring the food and alcohol. I should have that done by tonight. Oops. Sorry, I live in Massachsetts where political kingpins will hold everything up until bribes are paid and then there are the union construction workers. I will pencil you in for 2024…

I guess I am going to have to work on building the diner, getting the permits and staff and procuring the food and alcohol. I should have that done by tonight. Oops. Sorry, I live in Massachsetts where political kingpins will hold everything up until bribes are paid and then there are the union construction workers. I will pencil you in for 2024…
Yup!!!

Mrs Fogey doesn’t bother cooking much anymore. She can’t compete. I like cooking but that may change if Old Fogey’s Munchies Diner ever comes to fruition though. Pipe dream in the literal sense(and fictitious as well). I come up with some pretty ‘Good Eats’(TM Alton Brown) when I got ‘the buzz’ going.

dood, I just saw this thread...can I move in out back so I can walk to your diner... ;)

I make oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie bars that are like eating cookie dough. That is on the menu.

Latest posts

Back