Old Fogey's Brownies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I have wanted to do a step by step brownie tutorial with pics for a while but never seemed to find the time. I had the time today so here is how I make my brownies.

First the recipe... i use 175 grams of my cannabutter. this time i mixed some of my Buckeye Purple butter with some of my Green Crack and Gorilla Glue cross butter to mellow the buzz out a bit...
IMG_5517.JPG

I microwaved the chocolate for about 30 seconds on high to get it melty as it is very cold here and i frequently have problems with the chocolate melting. Also line a 13x9 inch baking pan with foil and butter the bottom (of the foil) while preheating your oven to 300 deg F. I started using 300 instead of the recipe calling for 350 because i think 350 is too high and may vaporize some of the stuff i like to keep in the butter. I usually break up the chocolate more but it doesn't matter really...
IMG_5518.JPG
IMG_5519.JPG

Last edited:
now spread it in the foil lined, buttered pan. i needed to microwave the batch for about 20 seconds to get it easier to spread. my house is cold today...
IMG_5528.JPG

0689A591-F1F3-4091-ABFD-F94D5C6AFEE7.jpeg
bake for 45 minutes to an hour. a toothpick inserted into the center should come out pretty clean. i let it cool for maybe an hour before cutting. i cut mine into 1 inch squares but your dosing may vary...

Last edited:
Been wanting a stand mixer for years. Once the hand mixer bites the dust, I will get a stand mixer. Both my wife and I bake pretty frequently so it makes sense.

after our hand-mixer puked about 12 years ago, i decided we needed a counter-top mixer (because i wanted to start baking). my wife went out anyway and purchased a hand mixer because she is afraid to use my counter-top, eh, eh, eh. i am really anal with my stuff--to the point i still put the cover on the plug and wrap the cord each time.

the machine is really versatile and generally comes with several tools. the bread hook enables you to knead bread dough and the whisk attachment is great for making whipped cream or meringue.
after this peach cheesecake is gone, i'm going to make a chocolate key lime pie. that would much harder on the wrists using a hand mixer.

if you really like to bake, spend the money and get a good counter-top. you won't regret it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back