Old Fogey's dry ice hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
After reading @pute 's bubble hash tutorial, I thought I would dig up my dry ice hash pics. I have made bubble hash but I have lost whole batches to mold due to humidity where I live(in Massachusetts). Dry ice hash makes it so you don't need to dry anything but the trimmings. I also used a small hand press to make the keif into 'kinda hash'.

So start out with dried trim and popcorn buds. I had an old gallon tin can from some popcorn fundraiser. I filled up the can pretty much to the top as seen in the pic...
IMG_7785.JPG

I bought some screens on Amazon(find something similar somewhere else-Besos is evil). Called
Aluminum Herbal Pollen Set of 3 Screen Size Stackable Sifter 66, 96, 120 Micron Hash Extractor Sifter Shaker
screens.jpg

Using the 120 micron screen, I put it over the top of the tin can and got my glass surface cleaned and ready...
IMG_7788.JPG

Then turn over the can and be sure to hold the screen on good and tight to prevent green stuff from falling into your keif. Shake over the glass plate for a minute or so. If you see green powder starting to get into the keif, you are done with that batch.
IMG_7790.JPG

BTW-dry ice can be harder to find and some ice vendors are suspicious of people buying dry ice for some reason. The answer to what you need it for is ‘camping’…

I had to buy 10 lbs and used about a pound and a half. I think I spent about $20 for the 10 lbs. As a bonus, dry ice bombs are fun and dangerous. Put some water in a soda bottle and a bit of dry ice. Cap the bottle tightly and throw it at least 10 feet away from yourself. Wait for the boom! Do not try this at home unless you like to have ringing ears and do it safely(lol)…

For about 20 years I’ve had a Natural Goods Keif Box. What a great product. I tried pressing keif and never had much luck making hash it became a rock haha

I also have a bubble bag set. The second to last bubble bag is nearly full melt. All bags are definitely hash though.

To keep from molding I dried my bubble hash in an Open Country dehydrator.

For about 20 years I’ve had a Natural Goods Keif Box. What a great product. I tried pressing keif and never had much luck making hash it became a rock haha

I also have a bubble bag set. The second to last bubble bag is nearly full melt. All bags are definitely hash though.

To keep from molding I dried my bubble hash in an Open Country dehydrator.
I am cheap or maybe just can’t justify buying a dehydrator(though I do like beef jerky).

My pressed keif is hard but crumbles nicely or even turns back into a powder at times when I break off a piece from the ‘rock’.

I put my bubble hash in a large Pyrex rectangular dish and chop it up with a single edged razor blade. I'll turn it, chop it, and do it again several times a day 'til it's dry enough to weigh and press. If I see the least sign of excess dampness while pressing, it gets chopped and dried 'til I don't. Never had a problem with mold.

I put my bubble hash in a large Pyrex rectangular dish and chop it up with a single edged razor blade. I'll turn it, chop it, and do it again several times a day 'til it's dry enough to weigh and press. If I see the least sign of excess dampness while pressing, it gets chopped and dried 'til I don't. Never had a problem with mold.
If you dry it properly you won't...but if you don't I guarantee you will.

If you dry it properly you won't...but if you don't I guarantee you will.
I can screw anything up, no matter how idiot proof…

I have had some successful bubble hash runs. It just gets ‘wicked ‘umid’ here in Central MA. It is a wicked pissah as the locals say…

Latest posts

Back