Old Fogey's dry ice hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can screw anything up, no matter how idiot proof…

I have had some successful bubble hash runs. It just gets ‘wicked ‘umid’ here in Central MA. It is a wicked pissah as the locals say…
I am lucky in that respect. I live in a high desert. Most all the time my humidity is way low. To low which is a downside in its own respect. Things dry out real quick here.

Wow, that looks green like plant material. Mine comes out gold. If I do more than 3 pulls is starts to look green.
img_7790-jpg.295988

dunno why it doesn't work for you but under glass is my preferred method of smoking pressed keif...a pint tavern glass is what I use to capture the smoke...
My compacted keif is brittle. Maybe not compacted enough. I can literally turn it back into powder by crushing chunks with my fingers. Bubble hash and traditional hash are closer to gooey. And yes, a needle thru an old album cover and a nice tavern glass are awesome. I have even passed the fk out after a particularly good rip of hash-under-glass…

It was my first attempt and I shook it too long. Golden is the goal.
Also the pic doesn’t do it justice in the color dept. It is not as green in real life(maybe my room lighting). In the sun light(which we haven’t seen in a week), it is more betterer…
250FE0EA-F84F-4739-BC0C-5A6F6B39C55E.jpeg

try heating up the fief pucks with a lighter to soften it a little, then squeeze it back into a ball, insert on a needle, and set it on fire...;)

try heating up the fief pucks with a lighter to soften it a little, then squeeze it back into a ball, insert on a needle, and set it on fire...;)
I have thought of heating my oven(it can go as low as 170 f) and shutting it off then letting a puck hang out in there on some parchment paper for 10 or so minutes to make some hash balls. Just haven’t gotten around to it. I don’t think that any of the cannabinoids will vaporize at that temp. Not sure about terpenes. I have a chart of vapor temps around here someplace…

Addendum: I put the weed I used to make this dry ice hash in a zip lock bag in my basement a couple of years ago and forgot about it. Had a PM convo with Roster and remembered where it was. Took a hit of it last night. Tasted like hay(it was never properly dried or cured) but still has quite a kick. I was going to compost it when I though I had extracted everything with the dry ice but I guess I had not. Do not toss dry ice left overs. Make edibles which it what I am going to do. Note the keif in the bottom of the bag…
8DF64469-3511-4B5B-88DC-F65A9E5E27F8.jpeg

Slow cooking the remnants of my dry ice hash run for some more cannabutter. Did a hit off my bong last night and apparently there is a fair amount of goodness still in it. Waste not, want not.

Latest posts

Back