Old Fogeys first ever legal grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
Hey all. I am a Massachusetts resident and as of 12/15 of this year, it is legal for me to grow some doobage. i sowed some seeds yesterday afternoon.

I grow in soil. i have used Roots Organics Green Lite in th past and liked it so that is what I am using this time as well. I was an idiot my last 2 grows and used some 'organic' soil from Miracle Grow which is kind of like an oxymoron. Never had spider mites before but those grows were plagued by the plague.

So I have 10 4 inch pots with Green Lite in them on a heating pad set to low with a couple of 24 watt CFL bulbs added for light and warmth.

i got my seeds from The Attitude. Had good luck with them the first time and they did not disappoint this time. Chose the stealth option both times. This time I thought that my seeds had been snatched by customs but it turns out that the stealth shipping is pretty stealthy and I found them after looking harder. This is what I sowed:

1 Blim Burn Green Crack fem freebie
1 Dinafem Original Amnesia fem freebie
3 CBD Nordle Fems
5 Mandala Satori Regs

I am purchasing new gear for this grow. I vacillate back and forth between a King LED 1200 watt fixture and a new CMH 315 to 400 watt fixture. The CMH fixture that is comparable in price has some reviews that are discouraging me from that choice. And temps could be an issue as well. I have a 3x3x 73 inch tent in my Amazon shopping cart but I have time to decide on that stuff.

My past grows have been in a mothers tent using T5's from start to finish so this is going to be a new experience. I have been happy(as have my kids and everyone else I have shared with) with both my quality and quantity but I want to see what I get by upping my game.

Since I am really skilled at making poor decisions, I will probably be changing up my nutes too. Unscientific method dictates that you change a bunch of things and wonder why everything is so messed up and with so many variables changed, you have no idea what was the screw up...

This will probably be a shining example of how not to do things so I hope others can learn from the mistakes I will be making.

View attachment IMG_2608.jpg

Good luck OF. Are you going to Start a grow journal?

Yes Lesso. This is it.

Oops, Lesso. Thanks. I am a buzzard this morning. I thought I posted this in the grow journal section. I guess I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...

Good luck and green mojo. I think that King LED light would be a good fit in a 3x3 tent so long as you have enough headroom. 72 inches would work great. That is how much room I have and I still have a good 18 to 24 inches I could raise the light if need be.

thanks hammy. i am pretty sure i am going with the king led. the reviews of the cmh lamp are pretty 'meh'. my bro-in-law is in the cannabis industry in colorado and had recommended going with cmh to me about a year ago but his budget is bigger than mine. the king led is going to be light years ahead of what i have been doing with my all t5 grows...

OF you crack me up.. you are skilled at making bad decisions...lol Your line up looks great.. I just got a satori cross to pop. I hope you like the nordle, good medicine. Glad you started a journal.. i will be watching..

Latest posts

Back