Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
068F21F1-2D2B-48D6-982C-F16AB9574FE3.jpeg
The harvest from the seed grow is jarred up and curing. So I cleaned up the grow room(kinda), took down my flower tent and put up the veg tent. I killed one of the clones(a Mendo Cookie from the weaker of the 2 females I had) but I have 4 Mimosa, 2 Mendo Cookie#3 and 1 Mendo Cookie #1 clones. Need to pare that down to 2,1 and 1 before flowering, maybe 1,1 and 1. I think I have a friend to take my extras.

4 foot 4 bulb T5 fixture, 2 liter (recycled) soil(Roots Organix Green Lite so soilish). It is warmer and drier in the tent than I would like (78 and 50-poor VPD) but that should change when normal autumn temps arrive. The leaves from when I took cuttings are looking a bit rough but their early life was pretty lousy(3 months or so under a couple CFL’s, no nutes and filtered water which the original plants didn’t care for as it lacks everything). New growth is looking better. Topped most of them. I anticipate them growing in earnest for the next few weeks...

I think it's amusing that what you consider kinda beat up plants look pretty darn perky! Here's to a healthy and uneventful grow... and nicer fall weather!

The leaves from the cuttings are getting crispy. They lived in fear of being eaten by the feral cats we adopted as kittens that never have really domesticated. They will probably destroy my veg tent as they apparently liked climbing my flower tent. I am hoping to repair the flower tent with some flexiseal at some point.

Good luck O.F! Now that you know these genetics this should be fun.

Thx. The only consistent thing about me is my inconsistency. I bought some organic soil amendments today to replenish the soil I’ll be using. I will be trying to keep the plants to 8 colas as opposed to my usual jungle and hope to keep the internode spacing smaller by keeping the lights closer. I am sick of having a bunch of popcorn buds. So in short, I am changing a lot of parameters so maybe having one grow will help but with my luck and lame-brainedness, it probably won’t...

I get it. Thats what these journals are for. Trial/Error/correction/documentation

Cool, we’re goin again...I’ll tag along...by the by, I popped that mimosa/mimosa...it’s cracked open with a taproot so it’ll get in some starter dirt tonight...this round my grow box will have two fems, (I forget what they are) and a couple regular purple haze and this mimosa reg... so I’ll see what I get...but thanks for the start...

I am glad it popped and will be interested in seeing how it goes. You must have a really good germination method. That is only a couple of days since you started it, right?

No I don’t have a clue...I had been trying these little starter cubes I got at he local nursery but they were hit and miss...Mostly I think because they held too much moisture and the seeds just rotted away...now I’ve soaked over night then into a wet paper towel and straight into a peat and perlite mixture till it’s a healthy sprout...my only issue ever with sprouting seeds is too much moisture, gets them every time....

Hey OF8! They look great! I'm going to pull up a chair too. Good luck with the cats :)

Did some pruning and took some clones (4 Mimosa and 2 from each of the phenotypes of the Mendo Cookie) this morning. I’m hoping that by pruning these prior to flower that I can shape them well enough to grow 4 plants in my 3x3 tent. Will be keeping them compact. The Mendos were fine in half the tent but the Mimosa is a beast and took up the other half (if not more). I hope to gift the 3 other plants to a friend who is growing professionally and have some of the new clones ready to split with my brother if/when he gets his grow on.

Wish i was in mass with you. I would love to run those clones!

Wish i was in mass with you. I would love to run those clones!
I have some Mimosa pollen stored in the fridge. I am going to try to make more seeds on a lower bud of one of the Mimosa plants. Last run seemed like the Mimosa pollen isn’t that potent as I got probably 100 Mimosa x Mendo Cookie seeds but only like 5 Mimosa x Mimosa seeds. 2RE’s is growing out one of those seeds now. If this next batch comes out with a few seeds, I could send you some. I will let you know(if you are interested)..,

Pruning tomorrow to get down to 6 robust branches on each plant so I get less (or hopefully no)popcorn buds. Give them a week to recover then transplant to 3 gallon felt bags. I am a few weeks at least out from flowering. My current plan is 4 plants in my 3x3 tent. It’ll be tight but I am hoping that having less than my usual gazillion bud sites will allow me to train/position the branches for better air flow and light density/penetration. I am happy I have a bit over a quarter pound of fresh bud curing, enough cannabutter for 6 batches of brownies and another ounce of assorted ‘legacy grow’ buds in case the experiment goes south on me. Er, and a bunch of everclear tincture I keep forgetting about. Clones I cut last week still look ok. Have not checked for roots yet.

Latest posts

Back