Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repotted my poor Mimosa mother from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon felt pot. She is over grown and the lower branches have pale green leaves. She has been eking out an existence in my furnace room with some clones under a 2 bulb t5. In a week or so she gets to go live in the flower tent. I have not tried flowering a mother plant before but I am thinking she is going to need a couple or a few weeks of veg/recovery before I flip her(if she survives to repotting)...

Poor, poor Mama Mimosa...

75EA3751-26E9-4416-A449-D8402384451C.jpeg
743400BA-760F-49BC-BC17-69CE3242F882.jpeg

For me, that is a monster...

And my vape device from Santa. Black Mamba. Works well enough. We just partake at home anyway so no need of ultra stealth. Battery life could be better but for $37, can’t go wrong. Ceramic chamber and glass lined, replaceable mouth piece with one replacement.

2DB0EA77-9A8E-45E8-95DE-D691649AA890.jpeg

Seemingly overnight, the Mimosa plants are ready. Mrs Fogey will be unhappy with the stink later today...

i have done a scrog a couple of times in the past and had good results but the netting and pvc pipe is configured for a 2x4 tent which my son has now. i need to scheme up something for this 3x3 tent for this plant.

Got a stray hair across my butt today and thought I should harvest the Mimosa plants. Chopped the biggest colas off one and got it trimmed up. Figured I’d leave the lower stuff to ripen up a bit. Looking at what I trimmed though, I think I pulled the trigger too early. All cloudy trichs but very few ambers. Tomorrow is 9 weeks and I chopped the mother of these clones at 9 weeks so I figured it would be time. If think I will wait a bit for the other plant. Bummer. Note to self-checking trichs when bleary eyed is not recommended...

Anyway, here are some pics. On a positive note, the house smells nice. Mimosa doesn’t smell skunky. More fruity...

F1683098-FD01-4E71-9360-0DB43A054C6E.jpeg
B7402E66-7CBF-4CD3-B68B-D3D965352C14.jpeg
2442AA6A-EA0D-4613-8CBC-B1B869153E0F.jpeg
B3BCCD01-5C20-4449-97D4-6025C129A67D.jpeg

I look forward to seeing what you get from those. I have not chopped the pollinated branch in this plant yet but if I get some seeds, I will try to replace that male seed I sent you. I got 1 female out of 4 seeds. Hoping Rose has better luck. I split the pack of seeds with her.

I’ve noticed dispensaries here don’t trim as much as I do. I am sure they have to pay more for people to trim more and there is decreased weight so it is a double whammy on the bottom line...

Out here it is piece work. $.33/g, $150/lb so it doesn't benefit them to trim as much off as possible. It is more like they shave and shape the bud, more than trim it.

Latest posts

Back