Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mimosa plants are the 4 largest in the tent. I got close the 3 ounces off the mother of these and only an oz off one and an oz and a half off the other Mendo Cookie plants. Hope yours catches up, 2RE.

Did some serious pruning and another weak attempt at cloning. Cleaned out the undergrowth. Probably could have clipped more but I am baby stepping. The plants are ready to flip. I will wait on their recovery and then some(maybe Nov 8th-ish). That should put me at mid January for harvest.

Visited a friend yesterday who is setting up a commercial grow in central Mass. I feel badly for him. The owners are penny pinching and a major supplier for their construction screwed them. The setup looks good but will be challenging...

You and I should be harvesting the same week. We'll have a virtual trimmin' party.
The Mass commercial grow scene has always seemed financially sketchy to me. I had headhunters approach me about going pro (lol whatever THAT means) a couple times but they got weird when I started asking about 401k, dental n vision, PTO, etc. There are some fishy players on that game board, and frankly I trust our region's old school cashcroppers more than the 'professionals' these days. Which is well earned on the honorable growers ' end of things; they've earned whatever reputation they have for fair dealing in the lawless market. That says a lot. Sad how things have changed since the smack epidemic turned the Quabbin/Blackstone regional market on its head. It's not profitable to be ethical any more. Decades of discreet growing with no bad blood isnt as valuable as being able to take out loans... It's profitable to have a clean CORI check lol.
Don't get me on my soap box. It could be a long night. ; )

Yep. I actually was psyched when legalization was being discussed thinking there would be access to starting a cannabis business here. The rules, regulations,delays and need to be independently wealthy shut my optimism down.

I tried some legal weed here in Worcester. I wasn’t impressed but I am a lightweight. I get buzzed easily.

Not sure if it is the new ‘Diamond Nectar’ humid acid(spoda be fulvic acid)I am trying but my plants have gone into overdrive. They are drinking a lot. 24 hours and they need water as opposed to normally 36 hours. I have a message in with the guy who will be adopting a couple or a few of these plants to see if he would take flowering plants. My only other option is to put them in my furnace room under a 2 bulb 4 ft t5 along with my clones which are actually looking pretty healthy. I tried a willow tea soak on the cuttings again as it worked well for me before(can’t think of why I do things so inconsistently and change when I find something that works)...

Those soil acids (organic acids that dont dissociate into simple anions plus the H+ cation which is the actual acid when in solution) are really awesome. They are functional chelators and help keep your other fertilizer components from interacting and going passive in your soil as salt buildup.
Even occasional dosing with low levels as part of your normal routine is really healthy for your soil environment! Makes everything else just work better: )

I have something called Ancient Earth that has both humid and fulvic acids that I had/have been using but wanted something with just fulvic. I had read that fulvic acid is good for foliar feeding as the molecules are small enough(where humid is long chain) that it can more easily pass thru the cell walls and since it is a chelator, it brings the chelated nutrients with it. I have sprayed it with a kelp based nutrient I have) on my clones(lightly misted is more like it) and the clones look healthy a week in. Of course my unscientific method of changing multiple variables at random intervals makes it pretty near impossible to determine what is working, what is luck and what is ineffective.

Well, if it is luck, i will add this to your garden
I see we are using the same text software; mine also autocorrect 'humic ' to 'humid ' no matter how many times I correct it back lol ohhh how technology improves our lives...
I like Ancient Earth too. I used to use Soil Syrup which is another earth acids blend, and CHEAP, but discontinued. It wasn't the most consistent consistency haha the bottles straight up RATTLED sometimes. I truly miss that $8 bottle o' mine tailings and silage heap runoff and whatever else they threw in there; my plants effing ADORED it.
Ancient Earth is luxurious by comparison!
Between the 2 earth acids, I wouldn't worry about choosing one or another. They actually complement each other! They're good ol dirt tea basically! All the good stuff extracted from an 4ss ton of dirt, concentrated in a bottle, to the delight of thirsty houseplants everywhere: )

lol. i hate siypvpttrvy(especially when it doesn’t know what I am thinking and fails to move one letter to the left on a qwerty touchpad for every single letter of autocorrect)...

And as you are aware, I was intending to type humic. umbra pointed me towards fulvic acid(recommending kelp4less which I haunt a lot but haven’t ordered from yet) and I didn’t research enough but found Ancient Earth said it had fulvic so I went with it. I found EM1(another umbra recommendation) eliminated the salt buildup I’d see on my felt pots. I am guessing the micro herd helps chelate the nutrients so they get used by the plants. I am guessing the Ancient Earth helps as well. I got this stuff called Prolific Plant Probiotic 4 or 5 years ago but I can’t find it anymore. It looked like those Miracle Grow spikes for house plants but was supposedly a soil innoculent. I grew some Buckeye Purple buds in my mother’s tent under t5’s that were some beautiful dense buds(I think it is a link in my signature). If I could find it again, I’d stock up. Looks like the site is now a Chinese site...

I think I have early onset Alzheimer’s(not a funny or a joke unfortunately). I thought I used P3 on my Buckeye Purple but in review, looks like I used it when I grew some massive Thai plants in the same tent under t5’s. Also in my signature...

Mother Nature is trying to force my hand to flip to 12/12. Power has been out for 7 hours or so...

Bummer. Well, they are nice and healthy. You would probably get some beautiful flowers if you did flip now.

Power is back on. It is so windy here that a port-o-potty at the school near my house got spun around and moved a few feet. Also must be disturbing the wooly caterpillars slumber there as I had to pick up 6 and throw them back into the brush. My joy of thinking my clones were happy has turned to less than joy. The rock wool is tfw(too frickin’ wet). I gently squeezed some water out before I thought to myself that I am probably crushing any new root growth. A friend has told me I need to invest in a cloner. I am thinking he is right. I am too dim to clone consistently. That old saying ‘I’d rather be lucky than good’ is morphing into ‘I hope I will be lucky ‘cause I am not any good’ lately...

Hi of8! Hurray for electricity!
Do you have a heating pad you could place underneath the clones? I was surprised at how fast my soil dried when using one with the humidity dome removed. A few hours and you couldn't even tell I spilled a bunch of water in the tray.
Good luck!

I do have one. The clones are living in my furnace room now which is warm and dry but I will try the heating pad out. Thx...

Latest posts

Back