Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That reminds me my RH was pretty low at the time. Barely above 30%.

When you lose power and wander around in the dark and then kick a really sharp axe you’d replaced the handle on the day before that you had intended to put in the shed when it was light out...

FB065939-0F34-4BAD-883F-3AB520DC0A09.jpeg

The person who was going to take the extra plants off my hands has bailed on me. I am not one for culling plants but I may have to toss some. It’s a shame to waste some really nice genetics. Asking my sons if they know anyone interested. Pretty messed up when you can’t gift plants. I guess it is indicative of my social ineptitude...

Avulsions cant be stitched either....sucks

I am Mr Bloodthinner so this will bleed for a week at least...

Ouch...!
I switched my indoor to flower the other day...the mimosa was a little small but I needed to get the others started blooming cuz they were getting too big...I just put a booster chair under mimosa to get hopefully “her” up even with the others...
Just tasted a sample of this summers outdoor purple haze...not cure yet but still nice flavor and high...

Mrs Fogey had a work related Halloween party to go to tonight(I am not a social person so I didn’t go). Last year the hosts husband had some smoke and Mrs Fogey asked what kind it was. Being that she isn’t the prototypical pot smoker looking person, the guy told her ‘the good stuff’. So I sent her to the party with some nice Mimosa buds, some brownies and a chunk of hash. She texted me a short time ago ‘I just gave it to the husband. Hes psyched...’. Being a jerk I replied ‘phrasing(in Sterling Archers voice’. Strike Two?

Still not sure what I am doing with the 3 plants that I can’t fit in my flower tent. My son thinks he might want them but he told me the other day he is only home once or twice a week. My pots dry out every 36-48 hours so I don’t think he has the time. I might just keep them in my mother’s tent and give them less light and less nutes to see if I can keep them healthy but stunted. I broke down and ordered some dip n grow since I am not happy with my clone rate. I have to seal up the light leaks in my flower tent. Going to seal it up with Flexiseal. Wish I could electrify the outside to teach the infernal cats to stay away...

A couple of folks on here recently mentioned that it was a guilty pleasure of theirs. Since I ordered it, I am sure I will not need it from here on out. Kinda like a snowblower I bought one year after shoveling 2-3 foot snowfalls every other week. The next few years we got so little snow I didn’t even bother starting it up. I am nothing if not my own jinx...

grass-e-a55, sa.

For my own notes, flipped to 12/12 lighting today. Still in the mother’s tent while I seal up holes in the flower tent. Removed the 2 bulb t5 and installed my King 1200 LED. Chose the 2 best Mimosa plants, the one remaining Mendo Cookie #1 and the best Mendo Cookie #3. 4 plants in my 3x3 will be tight. The other Mimosas and Mendo Cookie#3 are roughing it in my furnace room with a 2 bulb 4 ft t5 along with the clone attempts. That is all...

Hey there! That's the luckiest axe kick picture I've ever seen!

Oddly enough my oldest son had an axe-ident earlier in the week where a neighbor surprised him while he was splitting wood. He missed the log and the axe split his shoe instead slicing completely thru the shoe between his big toe and the next toe. He shouldn’t have non-power equipment apparently because during the summer he stopped his pick axe swing with his calf muscle and left a nice 3/4” hole in his pants, er, and his calf...

My crystal ball says you will love it... 1:15 ratio (in between what they say for hardwood n softwood cuttings), 2-5 minute immersion time, couple drops of the diluted stuff right on your media near the stem, BOOM! ROOTED!
the directions say 3 to 5 seconds dipping time for the dip n grow, and the directions say use the 5x mark for hardwoods. I cut it in half and add enough water to fill half of the 5x mark on the container. Works every time.

So essentially 2.5x? For 3-5 seconds? I made a small batch on 15x to put a couple drops in each rockwool cube this afternoon. Instead of using the container, I used a dropper and did 5 drops of dip n grow and 75 drops of water(5x15). My rockwool was too wet. The spray was condensing at the bottom and the cubes were sitting in the water. I dried the ‘greenhouse’ bottoms out and stuffed a couple of sheets of paper towel in the bottom so the cubes will not sit in water.

I definitively go longer than the bottle instructions say, that's a fact, and dilute it a bit more than most folks. My reasoning is letting the plants actually absorb it and hope that their vascular system sucks a bit up INTO the lower stem.
When in doubt, yup stick with the instructions on the bottle. And don't be afraid to tweak concentration and contact time to dial it in for your situation.

Edit: i would keep an eye on that paper towel and remove it as soon as it seems saturated just to prevent things getting stagnant down there, I truly fear fungus in cloners

Last edited:
I go up to 5, not shooting for 5. I'll take and strip 4-6 cuts at a go into my little 50mL erlenmeyer of hormones, give it a swirl, n plant em. The shortest elapsed time is around a minute and the longest is 5, it's really inconsistent and they all do ok in the end : ) i love how hard it is to screw up with this stuff!!!

Latest posts

Back