Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
48B1A5EE-138A-4D0D-9DFB-DFE63F75DA50.jpeg
Flowering tent is up. Both LEDs are in. Need to monkey with the exhaust and air circulation fans but need to hang with Mrs Fogey. Priorities.

I need to rip up my cannabis growing card. I can’t clone to save my life. I took a bunch of cuttings 2 weeks ago. Got sick of not seeing a single ef’ing root out of the rockwool. Checked them tonight by peeling open the rockwool. All the stems were brown. Not a single root. Dunce...

They live in the furnace room so it is always warm. I think the rockwool gets saturated.

Got a heating pad too. Just lousy technique...

In other news, I had one Mendo Cookie clone show roots so I planted it in some soil. It is ‘living’ with the clone containers and the plants that will be going to my sons house which are all in the furnace room. Silly me neglected to protect the clone from my @55h0!3 cats. One of the little furkers decided to trim a few of the 4 or 5 leaves the plant has...

I was worried a few days ago as I’d seen fan leaf damage in my tent. Looked a lot like a caterpillar or two had munched on them but only the very bottom leaves on plants near the zipper of the tent. Then I noticed the same issue on the 3 plants in the furnace room. I know which cat it isn’t since he needed all his back teeth removed so he can’t cut leaves with his fangs. It has to be one of the feral cats we took in. I don’t hate them but I don’t like them either...

We have 4 cats. 4 too many in my opinion and I like cats...

The Mimosa plants are showing flowers. The Mendo Cookies are not yet. They were about a week behind the Mimosa last grow too. My clones look horrible after my attempt to save them. Tomorrow I am bringing the extra plants to my sons house. I need to decide if I will take some clones off those plants before they leave my house...

And gave the flowering girls their ‘transitional’ feeding. Next up is bloom nutes...

We have 4 cats. 4 too many in my opinion and I like cats...
There are some great vids of Cats getting into weed and absolutely tripping out falling all over drooling constantly and acting like someone has laced their catnip with LSD.
My Ferret loves the smell of it and the last attempt I had was doomed from the start because he dug the damn seed up twice before it had even sprouted. Second time he must have got straight in the damn room and gone straight for it cos all I heard was a crash and he comes flying out of the room, reaches me and sort of stands between my legs staring into the room like a Triffid was coming to get him and I had to protect him the little sh!t. It took me ages on my hands and knees struggling to find that seed from the floor.

Ferrets=chaotic neutral.
Source: friend has had them for 20 years. Hysterically funny but I can see how they'd be a destructive force in a grow.
I have 2 feral cats that live in my basement and I can only imagine what they would do to plants!
Fogey, I have had frustrations with rockwool too, you're not alone! A pre soak down to pH 5.5 and then squeeze extra water out is a good start, then only give water a little at a time and only if the cubes are pretty dry. And if you haven't played with rapidrooters... they are fun n friendly!!!

I have used rapidrooters with a lot better results. Rockwool has worked for me as well but more hit n miss. I soaked the rockwool in water with some acidic stuff but maybe not acidic enough. I don’t care for pH’ing (if it wasn’t obvious). I need to 5h!t or get off the pot but I like to complain. Well, I don’t like to complain but I am experienced at it because I am pretty good at failing...

2 weeks of 12/12 today. Feeding every other watering with recommended ‘heavy feeding’ GO nutes plus EM1 and Golden Nectar. Temps are in low 70’s with lights on, mid-60’s with lights off. Each plant is getting 2 liters per watering/feeding. Super cropped a couple of stretchers. Going to try to pollinate a couple of branches of one Mimosa with Mimosa pollen I have in the fridge(sealed in containers in a bag with desiccant packs) next week. Not much stink yet.

AF07B454-A5A1-4BA6-895F-8CECBB2F368A.jpeg
816E3F98-BA8C-4774-990E-7ECFA73D37FE.jpeg

Latest posts

Back