Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mimosa turned out a boy, so I took him out and set him up in the garden...after a few days it looked like the bananas started opening on the main cola so I cut it off and piled as much as I could on one of the large female flowers from rose and umbra Nurse Larry x V...we’ll see if we get any seeds...the boy may not have developed much after I removed him but the bananas were definitely open So I’m hopeful...

My mimosa turned out a boy, so I took him out and set him up in the garden...

sorry 2re. it will be interesting to see how rosebud makes out with the mimosa seeds i sent her. the ones i sent her are from the pack i bought. the one i sent you was from the pollinated bud i made(still all mimosa though). i got 3 males and one female from the 4 seeds i popped. hopefully she gets a ratio opposite of what i got. i do hope you get some nice seeds that make a killer cross though. i am planning on using some pollen i harvested to make some more mimosa seeds this grow so depending on how that goes, i may have more for you. i wish you or someone else was closer. i have 3 mimosa clones that rooted(thx to stinkyattic and her dip n grow recommendation). so now i have a monster mother that i don't have room for. my son has my old tent and is flowering one mimosa and one mendo cookie plant but there is no room for the mother in his tent and(as you see from my picks), my tent runneth over...

IMG_6421.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG

cat on a cold asphalt shingled roof...
IMG_6429.JPG

tried to get ballsy yesterday and trimmed away some of the inner fan leaves on one mimosa plant. experimenting with some defoliation this grow to see for myself if it helps with harvest weight. the plants stretched more this go-round but i think they also have better root balls because of the delay in flipping to flower but i think the stretch has run its course. the lights are a lot closer to the canopy this grow too. so far no bleaching.

Dip n grow did work well for me. I now have 3 Mimosa clones and one of each Mendo Cookie pheno. My Mimosa mother is getting huge. I may try to transplant into a 5 gallon bag and flower out when my current batch finishes to see what I can get out of a single plant that isn’t crammed into a cramped tent...

4 weeks in flower tomorrow. Tonight I pollinated one branch on each of the Mimosa plants with Mimosa pollen from my summer crop. I gave the plants a little diatomaceous earth as I read it is a good slow release source of silica. Been feeding halfway between light and heavy feeding strength every other watering (every 48 hours)and they seem pretty happy. No nute burn. I also made an impulse buy of another Growstar COB LED. So I now have 2 of those and my King Plus 1200 for lights 120 degrees apart. Fly height is now about 12”. No light burn yet. I am rotating the 4 plants around the tent every day to try to homogenized the illumination. Tent is running in the mid to high 70’s with lights on but our temps have been warmish for this time of year so I think the temps should drop into the low 70’s when we get more seasonable weather. RH is 30’s to low 40’s. Showing some frost now. Mimosa top pic. Cramped tent bottom pic. So much for thinning out the plants. I lost control of that...

2B359B95-6143-4910-9F07-77F742D37D85.jpeg
05E6DDCD-AF49-4C66-832B-CE998E7A06F7.jpeg

Thx hp.

Since I have changed up several parameters on this grow(more light, more potassium, more fulvic acid, less frequent watering/feeding, added amendments to my soil), I have no idea what has or hasn’t made a difference on this grow. However, I have always been jealous of folks with dark green, shiny leaves. One, a combination of several or all of the changes have given me the healthy looking plants I have always wanted.

thx lesso and rose.

tucking fan leaves isn’t cutting it so to get better air circulation and light penetration i removed some offending leaves(sacrilege i know). i am normally able to pinch leaves off with my fingers. these plants will have none of that nonsense. shears are required. the fan leaf stalks are fibrous similar to their stems. seeing slight nute burn on the leaf tips so time to back off the nutes. straight water tonight and probably just em1/water next watering. i have been obsessing about flavor the last week or so and was looking at some bloom boosters that tout flavor/terp enhancement but i think adding anything more to this grow will be throwing money away. mimosa plants smell like orange creamsicles. mendo cookies smell like cat pee. the buds are about half again bigger than i usually have at 4 weeks. extra light, fewer branches, better fulvic acid and less water-maybe all, one or a combination of some of the changes are contributing to this. 5 or so weeks left...

Some people say not to take fan leaves off, but i disagree. I dont see anything wrong with pruning for canopy penetration.

Latest posts

Back