Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies clone grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OF8,2RE. Can neuropathy affect your personality? That could explain some things for me, possibly. My feet and half way up my calves are numb always and tingly sometimes. Especially after shopping or taking a walk.

I have neuropathy in my feet and toes...burns at night mostly...but my toes and the balls of my feet, always numb and tingly...

I have the same but also in my arms and hands. Tingle most of the time now.

OF8,2RE. Can neuropathy affect your personality? That could explain some things for me, possibly. My feet and half way up my calves are numb always and tingly sometimes. Especially after shopping or taking a walk.

Not sure if it can affect personality(I have a list of things to ask my neurologist at Mass General which includes personality change) but for me, I have noticed little things setting me off recently. I have never been a violent man and still am not but only because I can control the anger. I am fortunate I have good impulse control. I can’t feel vibration or hot/cold below my knees. Activity does not affect it. It is constant. I saw an interview on the news with a guy who got his MM card for neuropathy but I know MMJ docs here would use any excuse to give a recommendation back before legalization so I question the efficacy myself. I rarely smoke or eat weed anymore. I get more satisfaction from growing it. I do know I care less about my symptoms when I have a buzz but they are unchanged.

I have the same but also in my arms and hands. Tingle most of the time now.

Not sure if it can affect personality(I have a list of things to ask my neurologist at Mass General which includes personality change) but for me, I have noticed little things setting me off recently. I have never been a violent man and still am not but only because I can control the anger. I am fortunate I have good impulse control. I can’t feel vibration or hot/cold below my knees. Activity does not affect it. It is constant. I saw an interview on the news with a guy who got his MM card for neuropathy but I know MMJ docs here would use any excuse to give a recommendation back before legalization so I question the efficacy myself. I rarely smoke or eat weed anymore. I get more satisfaction from growing it. I do know I care less about my symptoms when I have a buzz but they are unchanged.
Ah, I misread. I noticed that when I started using wax that my symptoms were becoming better. I also lost a bunch of weight, so I'm sure that helped too. I think the shatter actually helps my nerve issues tho. I could be wrong, but after a few months of a steady regimen (5-6)
and getting below 300 pounds I started feeling fingertips on my feet and calves. I don't think I want to get poked with the pins to find out. I'll just go with my assessment! Sorry to be rambling. Feel better soon of8.

Neuropathy here, too. Mine is just starting to get worse, and I'm not real jazzed about going back to the VA and trying to get help for it. Fingers get numb, toes burn on and off. Right now, the new symptom is my right thigh goes completely numb! Like you, OF8, smoking helps me disregard the symptoms, but doesn't help them. At least I get some VA Disability for mine.

Not sure why but all smoke tastes the same to me. I am a bit bummed. My mimosa bud from my last grow is finally below 60% which is supposed to mean it is dried. It has been painstakingly cured slowly. 3 months from chop to this point. No mold on the buds. Cleaned my bong so I could enjoy a nice drag off of a bud and it tastes the same as pretty much all my grows. I am beginning to think my taste buds may be defective. I got the same taste from the dispensary weed I bought. The aroma of the buds I have grown have subtle and sometimes stark differences but all taste the same to me when smoked. When I was a kid in the 70’s there were distinct flavors from the variety of strains I’d get. The Thai Stick is my all time favorite. Something called Margerita Red was a close 2nd. Then some Hawaiian strains. But now, nada. This crop had no nutrients (organic grow too)from week 6 on so I don’t think it is from that. The buds are not that green right now. Getting old or being old maybe is more like it rots...

I don’t get much taste from weed either but if it draws without blowing my head off, I don’t mind it...
I have tasted some blueberry kind of strain but the only smell I get from it is before it’s burnt...
I did try a bit of that hash the other day and there is a distinct difference between weed and hash...at least that has been my experience...I haven’t smoke hash in about 50 years but I remember the taste...and the hi...

Yep. I can taste the difference in hash too. I was making bubble until I realized it is too much work for an uncomfortable buzz. My wife has the same taste impairment. She has smoked other people’s weed and it all tastes ‘the same’. Bummer...

Had one plant out of the tent and snapped a couple pics. The close up is the green stuff that concerns me...

E62DF094-8C5A-4A9F-A236-56211A684864.jpeg
2470A606-61F9-4123-A4A0-83A8C2F68177.jpeg
371F9619-D0A9-40D6-837F-D4680AFCBF5A.jpeg
0062253A-1202-4BFC-805D-E664CCFC598C.jpeg

My tent is 3x3x6-ish. I don’t have the room for a taller tent or a 4x4 footprint for that matter. My tool room is maybe 8x6 and the tent shares that with litter boxes, my tool bench and assorted stuff I can’t throw away...

Week 6 pics. I think my humidity is too law and might be stunting growth. It was 22% this morning. Cranked up the humidifier. Hopefully that helps. Keeping the dehumidifier set at 50% though. Reminds me of the old Stephen Wright joke...

30EAA924-6E62-4B9E-942C-61B5C96D8F6A.jpeg
FDFB1C10-1357-488D-958A-B86DFF46C1CC.jpeg
127E5FDD-D8D5-43CE-AEE7-CF7694CC79FF.jpeg
E050838B-56C4-4C79-9541-EF5F87C57673.jpeg

Random check of trichs. Maybe half cloudy, half clear. No amber. Buds are getting heavy enough on the Mimosas to weigh down the branches. Starting to stake them with bamboo. Mimosa plants have mild leaf tip burn. Scaled back feeding to half. At 6.5 weeks, I have about 3.5 to go so I am going to alternate waterings with some EM1, molasses and fulvic acid(every other watering will be just water). The Mimosa mother I have is a monster now and will take up my entire tent by herself when I am done with this batch. Need to trim her up a bit today.

Also, my 20 year old poinsettia is showing some red this year. First time in 15 or so years. I gave her(?) run off from my cannabis plants last summer and apparently she liked that.

EA4A6974-372C-458B-89BE-3B51D91B02A1.jpeg
4004AB23-5D24-43FE-8AB8-ADA8412B3CD2.jpeg
2A1AFFC7-472E-4CD3-8F74-77339F4A07E3.jpeg
3ECB8D6D-2EEA-4E0C-9EBF-DB3DCD8A6134.jpeg

Thanks everyone. I think these are going to have more purple tones. It’s been pretty cold in Massachusetts so the grow room is cooler than it was for my previous run.

Latest posts

Back