Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I am germinating 4 regular ‘Symbiotic Genetics’ Mimosa Seeds and 3 regular ‘Twenty 20’ Mendo Cookies seeds in some rock wool cubes. I soaked the rock wool in some diluted EM1 before sticking the seeds in the cubes. Kinda hoping for one male of each. I’d like to make some Mimosa seeds and depending on what the Mendo Cookies are like, seeds from that would be cool.

3 days in and 4 of 8 seeds have popped. Not sure what I mistakenly did right but my seeds never pop this quickly. I was surprised enough that yesterday, I nearly pushed a seed down into the rock wool because I thought I hadn’t plants it deep enough. Glad I held off because it is being lifted by the tap root. Rather be lucky than good...

6 out of 7 have broken ‘ground’. The 7th has cracked but is slow...

Attachments

• 942A487F-2FB2-4923-8060-3A4F7A464A63.jpeg
    942A487F-2FB2-4923-8060-3A4F7A464A63.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 59
Looking Good OF8, I never like those plugs, just pieces of insulation cut into cubes Yes?

Looking Good OF8, I never like those plugs, just pieces of insulation cut into cubes Yes?

Someone doesn’t like you. Oh well...

I guess rockwool is chalk and rock that has been combined then heated to 3000 degrees. Then air is blown thru to extrude it into fibers. I used it because I wanted to be able to find the seeds if they didn’t sprout. I’ve had issues in the past germinating in dirt where the seeds don’t pop and the seed appears to have vanished. I had very good germination rate (for me) this time around(looks like I may get 7 for 7).

9158D623-27A0-43AD-8286-24CFCCF4A680.jpeg
6 out of 7 are above ground. The last Mimosa seed has cracked and I can see the cotelydon in the husk. Planted it in some soil anyway(roots organic green lite). We will see how it goes. I am under 2 4 foot high output t5 10000 kelvin bulbs for now. Watered with some more diluted EM1(or maybe I should call it EMA since it is brewed from EM1). Top of pic is Mimosa. Bottom is Mendo Cookies...

I like there little mission statement there about how they don't rush things. IMHO, that is the way I wished all breeders were.

I grew a Mendo Breath land year that was quite good. Green mojo for your grow!

How I envy the way you can just buy seeds , hard as dead dingos donga to get seeds over here , now and then you hear of someone getting them through but most times it ends badly , I did score 3 seeds of Big Cheese from one lucky camper and they are in and up havnt done seeds in a long time so exited as to see what sex they turn out

I purchased these from an out of state breeder. Cannabis in the US is still a schedule 1 drug at the federal level(considered to be more dangerous than coke or crystal meth) so it is still criminal to get seeds shipped to me. I used to buy my seeds from the UK and always worried about getting busted or having the seeds confiscated. It is nice that things are more relaxed now but I think most Americans(even the ones who done smoke weed) would like it to be treated like beer in the eyes of the law. I hope it gets more acceptance from your government.

OF8, I went to Cali Roots, a reggae festival in Monterey. Its about 150 miles away. Smoked many joints of mimosa. Everyone who smoked some wanted to know what it was. Partied with a guy from Sweden and another from Japan. They're going to track down some beans when they get home.

I got the seeds I have from Artizen Seeds(they are out of stock now). They were a bit pricey but I don’t buy seeds very often and was glad to get the recommendation of some nice buds from you. My sons are psyched that I am growing it. As a bonus, they sent me dome freebie seeds that are indica dominant. Mrs Fogey smoked some indica bud last weekend with some friends and wants me to grow ‘an indica’(lol-she is not cannabis literate). Glad you had a good time at Cali Roots. When I go to concerts, I puff a bit and pass my joints to whoever is near. I usually get a look like ‘why is this cop-looking guy handing me a joint’. In all fairness, I might be suspicious of someone who looks like me too. BTW- my most recent harvest(some green crack and a local breeders bastid strain) is the tastiest I have grown and is apparently quite popular with my sons friends. I had to hide what is left so he doesn’t smoke it all. I attribute the improvement to the EM1 you recommended. First time I have gotten a proper fade on the plants.

The seedlings seem to like their new pots. The Mimosa seedlings are bigger than the Mendo’s. The stems on the Mimosas are purple. Getting a bit stretchy so I raised them up a bit closer to the light.

Attachments

• CBA540DC-AA0F-4334-B722-A1954A2F2A38.jpeg
    CBA540DC-AA0F-4334-B722-A1954A2F2A38.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 58
1EBD659A-AB6B-45FF-B2F2-090A261AA089.jpeg
The last seed (a Mimosa)finally is a sprout. I am hoping it is some sort of oddity with super-cannabis powers. Maybe impart those who smoke it with eternal youth or a really stellar buzz. Probably not but we will see. I was about to deep six it. It is the tiny one out back...

Latest posts

Back