Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking beautiful OF, nice work. The way i harvest pollen is put the plant in the bathtub or shower and set it on parchment paper and shake the soup outta the male. Boy flowers will fall all over along with the pollen. You can use a credit card to scoop it up, but i just leave it in the paper and fold it and put that in a bag and you can freeze it then, but i don't. I just used 2year old pollen that i kept like that and it worked. Not good for long term storage, but hey, we are old.

2E87A86B-08B0-4731-BF85-E75BABF3C9D0.jpeg
33EC1061-B4E1-41C2-BDAD-ADEBF759C67F.jpeg
6E405EF1-69B5-48C3-9C67-5838A3CC5B4B.jpeg
E2116375-00CE-48D0-8FA0-61D4B26C0D4A.jpeg
Thanks Rose and 2RE. Today marks 6 weeks in flower. Battling heat in the tent. I have never really flowered in August(indoors anyway)and won’t ever again. My basement normally stay cool but the whole basement is now at 72 degrees. No way too cool it save getting a portable A/C and that ain’t in the budget. For now I leave the tent open during lights on and that keeps the grow area around 78 degrees. No good pics because I got up too late and lights were about to go out.

Thank you hp and 2RE. I think I am going to be disappointed with my yield but happy with the smoke. The Mimosa smells incredible with citrus and vanilla notes(thanks to umbra for the recommendation). I broke down and gave them a light feeding this morning as I am seeing a majority of clear trichs at this point. Literature says 7-9 weeks for Mimosa. I am betting 9. The Mendo Cookies I am not sure about but since it is indica dom, I am thinking they will be ready sooner.

6E8E03DE-AF09-48DD-884A-2855F6CA8E2E.jpeg
I have 4 males outside that I am fighting with the bees over who gets the pollen(they are winning)... One of the males appears to be throwing some female flowers now complete with trichomes. Pretty cool.

EB9810DE-695F-45DE-9DD2-DD13D912EFA6.jpeg
CA88FD71-2A9C-4791-BD15-844E3EED39A9.jpeg
4D62D499-4389-4A44-865D-5117EB055726.jpeg
Kinda bummed. My plants are at 8 weeks of flower. Frosty and smelling nice but nowhere near the dense looking buds I see you folks pumping out. I still see only a couple of amber trichs here and there so I am guessing these will all go more than 9 weeks, probably 10?

Take my cannabis growers card away from me. Apologies to anyone who I have ever given advice to. Apparently I don’t know when to start counting ‘weeks in flower’.
I was concerned because the trichs are not ripening. Way back in 2012 when I started growing again, I thought I read somewhere that you start counting when you flip. I have almost always harvested too early because I was afraid to let the plants go too long. Read a bunch of info tonight saying to start counting when seeing pistils which in hind sight makes a lot of sense. Now I am obsessing because I am sure I stopped feeding too early...

lol. patience? i have none. my grows are small so it is easy enough to keep track but i mark the pots anyway. i tried pollinating 2 branches on each plant and am sure i will screw up tracking the crosses. hoping my mimosa x mimosa seeds come out ok.

Thx QB. Plenty of frost but I’ve only seen an amber or 2 on the Mimosa and none on the Mendo Cookie. The Mendo Cookie is supposed to be heavily indica so I thought I’d be harvesting it first and waiting on the Mimosa which is sativa dominant.

Yep hp. Good thing I am not a doctor because I’d go broke because I have no patients(pun there)... I am irritated with myself for misunderstanding such a basic piece of growing. I know to harvest based on trichomes but I have probably been fooling myself for years and estimating the percentage of amber as much higher than it was.

Today it has been 9 weeks since I flipped to 12/12. Finally seeing a few ambers per cola on the Mimosa. The Mendo Cookie is still all clear and cloudy. Anticipating a problem with harvesting because I have always used my tent to dry but I can’t do that if I am still flowering other plants. May need to Rube Goldberg a box for drying in that will use one of the passive fresh air hoses to draw air thru the box. Again, first world problems...

I went looking for mimosa seed tonight...zip...
Looking good of...

Latest posts

Back