Old Fogeys Mimosa and Mendo Cookies grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth on Amazon because I forgot where another member on here suggested I get it. Ancient Earth has seemed to make my buds denser but it is both fulvic and humic acid. Next time I need some(when I run out of Ancient Earth)I will go where it was suggested to me in the first place which is kelp4less. I will probably forget again though...

And thank you. It is quite striking, isn’t it? The top buds are really hard and the purple is an unexpected bonus as my tent has been pretty warm all thru flower.

Thanks for info went on kelp4less site they got lots of other stuff to look into also. I'm in Ky ......64 .....retired. Nice to me you and visit your grow.

I too need to look at what they have. I have been using General Hydroponics GOBOX which is a bunch of bottles of liquids. It works for me and doesn’t break the bank. I like it because I don’t have to check pH because it is organic. The pH check is just a pain for me. However, I’d like to get the dry ingredients like kelp4less sells. No point in paying for someone else’s water. Nice to meet you as well. Looks like KY is moving towards medical marijuana. I am in Massachusetts and we are not legal for recreation but it took forever(well like 3 years since it was approved by voters) for them to open a dispensary and now that they are open, they are gouging consumers(like $20 a gram or$320 an ounce for so so weed). I’d rather grow my own anyway...

From what I've read he's the man.... sry he's going thru bad time with son. Ky bills that I've seen have no grow portion so won't help me much. I'll just keep on with my own either way. That mimosa ………..keep going back and looking at it.

I got my ‘doctors recommendation’ when we were medical marijuana legal here but never got my license because I didn’t want to be on a list. I figured if I got caught, I’d just say I had not gotten around to getting the license. It was more to placate Mrs Fogey anyway...

The Mimosa is a very nice smoke. Smells awesome and has a nice relaxing buzz. I got my seeds from artizen seeds. I tried to make a bunch of seeds but only wound up with 5 Mimosa x Mimosa 2 of which look unviable. At some point I will grow out the 2 I have left from my original pack and the couple I have from my grow and if I get males and females, I will let them do what comes naturally do I have a bunch of seeds. Then I can share...

Fellow Masshole here, can attest to the funky prices at the dealership. I haven't been, but The Hens are into it. And I've been looking at their receipts with a calculator. For non-medical use, with taxes... 460-480 a zip.
A couple of starry eyed hopeful commercial grow folks approached me a couple years ago with a hefty hourly wage but oh man the moment you ask about benefits, the cockroaches scurry back under the fridge. All set, thx.
I'm in the 413 so not sure if it's less blatantly outrageous elsewhere, or if there's a tax easement on medical. Looks like the various sales taxes are the kicker.
Do you remember some goo back in the day called Soil Syrup? Am I imagining this? It came in a white poly bottle with a brown and orange label and was - if I'm remembering correctly- a ridiculous, sediment filled, bottle of fulvics. Sounded like it was a quarter filled with silt if you shook it. I used to love that stuff for telling promix where to go and what to do when it got there. Turned that garbage into viable DIRT. Fecking promix, man. Sure we've all been there lol

Mrs Fogey and I hit up one of the ‘stealerships’ in Worcester because she wanted some indica and I had none. For an 1/8th and a joint, they fleeced us for $80. I looked at the medical menu and it was cheaper but not by much. It is a money making scheme and if you don’t have a ton of money, you can’t play the game. Big money corps and govt bureaucracy have eliminated any hope of mom and pop shops finding a niche. I don’t even sell what I grow because I don’t want to give the law any reason to look into me. I give away what I can’t smoke. I think my kid might sell some of my crop as well but I still have more than I need so good on him. I am relatively new to growing (well I grew as a teenager in the 79’s but never got any bud due to my dad telling me to get my plants off his roof)so I have not heard of soil syrup. Sounds interesting though. I think that sort of satellite product would be the best way for small fries to glean some crumbs out of the cannabis industry. Maybe the only way...

4DD7F9B1-B49E-4109-AF2D-18B3F74E6702.jpeg
E5E1CD54-512D-4AC3-BC94-5EC368EAE03C.jpeg
Chopped the 2nd Mendo Cookie. Less bud but very sticky and nice looking. I am thinking the 1st Mendo Cookie I chopped was a hermie though I didn’t see any ‘naners. I found about 20 seeds. On this plant today, I found 4 but they were on branches under the branches I pollinated so I am thinking the bigger budded plant is a poor pheno. Bummer. Nicer buds. Here is a pic or 2 of today’s chop...

Put the clones in 1 gallon pots today. I think I pulled the trigger a bit too early. The root balls on all 8 were pretty lousy but I had set up and started so I finished up. Might have killed one of the ‘good’ Mendo clones(the one that didn’t appear to hermie) as it got bent pretty badly when I was removing it from the little pot. They are now adjusting to life under my T5. I let them go too long under the CFL and they are all a bit leggy. Once the harvest is done using my carbon filter, I plan to veg and last the heck out of them...

Thanks Lesso. I work at it but when you get right down to it, it is genetics. I am cheap and my yields show my short-comings. The Mimosa plant will yield around 85 grams, the 2 Mendo Cookie plants will yield maybe 70 grams. I need to get better at manicuring my plants prior to flower to maximize the nice buds. Too much pop corn. I don’t mind the small buds but most good growers would just toss them or make hash or edibles from them. I am flush with smoke and edibles now so these clones are going to be my attempt to catch up with all you good growers. Thank you again...

Got some feedback from one of my sons on the Mimosa. He said it is very different and had a bewildered look on his face. One of his buddies got ‘wiped out’ and the other was ‘toast’. Both of them smoke a lot so that makes me happy(see Rose, I can get there). I smoked a couple of bong hits of it last night(clean bong). It isn’t really dry enough to smoke yet(68% rh in the jar) and still has a grassy flavor but I was very chatty with Mrs Fogey. When I told her I was pretty baked she said ‘no sh!t’... Thanks umbra for the sage advice. Definitely going to keep this plant around for a while.

Got the fluvic acid today and fed the girls some. I noticed you transition your veg under the t5 to your led. Were you having issues moving. I have been having yellowing problems when moving to leds from my four bulb t5 and was hoping this would help in future. Thanks again for fluvic acid info.

My memory is really crappy lately but I think my idea was to keep the t5 fixture in the mix for the first week or so of flower to minimize stretch. I use 10000 kelvin t5 bulbs(very blue) and get nice squat plants. My LED is pretty red/pink and I have had plants stretch a ton when I switch. I kept them in my ‘mothers’ tent because my 4 ft t5 won’t fit properly in my 3x3 flower tent. I wish I had bought a 3x4 or 4x4 but I didn’t...

If you are getting yellowing under your LED, do you think adding a little or some extra veg nutes for the first week or so under the LED would help? I think that is what I would try. Maybe some of the better gardeners on here will have better guidance. I am not very skilled.

I always keep the nitrogen in the lineup for the first few weeks of flower. I slowly back it down. I have noticed it keeps them healthy enough to finish strong. 3x3 is an awkward size for a tent. You have to be careful when you order a fixture. Seems most high output lights are based at a 4x4 space.

Yep. Clearly I wasn’t thinking very clearly. I was thinking with my bank account and the voice in the back of my head saying Mrs Fogey will not understand(even though she never busts my stones about much of anything)...

Latest posts

Back