Old school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetleafMed

Reaction score
Been growing under ground most my life, am wanting to learn the new things I've been missing, I run hydro, pound plants at a ph of 7. Now that am meeting more growers am hearing it should be 5.8, don't want to change something that seems to be working. So what do you peeps say?

If what you have been doing your whole life seems to be working, yet you find yourself wanting to learn the new thing [you've] been missing, I suggest you do just that. There is no substitute for knowledge and the more you learn the better your buds will be.
...And yes, 7.0 is too high for hydro.

PS- I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-SSF-

I am surprised that your plants can even live with a pH of 7 in hydro, let alone thrive. What is your starting pH? Does it drift? What kind of hydro? What nutes do you use? How do you measure your pH and ppms? What do you use to adjust your pH?

Glad to have another "old skooler" here. I look forward to exchanging ideas. Since I'm an organic dirt farmer, I cant say for sure, but everything I hear about hydro says 5.8 for pH. Which makes no sense to me since nutes get locked out at the root level by pH and it would seem to me that cation (ionic exchange) would be the same whether or not it's soil or liquid. But people far smarter than I agree on the 5.8 thing, so I'd go with that. Maybe one day someone will explain that one to me.

Anyway, hang out!!

Welcome to MP......never to old to learn....or teach.

Welcome to MP, old school, new school, all are welcome. Im a dirt farmer too, and dont know much about ph myself, cept I am blessed with cool well water, no PH adjustments needed.

Latest posts

Back