older leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
Whats up gang,
This is my first grow, so im not sure if this is normal or not. The older leaves towards the bottom(mostly fan leaves) are gradually, 1-2 at a time, slowly turning brown,drying up, curling under and dropping off.
1.400w HPS(about 12" from the top of the plant)12/12 cycle
2.Waterfarm drip system:airstone, watering done 1 on, 2 off
3.week 9 of life(2nd week of flowering)
4.GH flora nutes used at the recommended flowering strength
5.PH kept between 5.5 and 6.0(sometimes it wanders a little beyond, but i check PH every day so it doesnt stay that way for long)
6.Growing Bubblicious,1 plant, about 30" tall
7.Temps kept aroud 78 via 6" thermostatically controlled vortex fan.
Its like 97% of the plant is fine.....this has been going on a while and i thought it was because of tiny droplets of water get splashed on the under side of the leaves during watering(its a gravity/air forced drip system...so it sputters a little)...but now it looks like some of the ones that are dying may not be subject to that. Could it be because they really dont get any light? it only seems to be fan leaves, no bud sites are affected. Could it be because the plant just doenst need them anymore? Like i said...97% of the plant is beautiful and thriving....without any sign of a deficiency whatsoever....leaves are beautiful...bud is growing at a booming rate....oh yea.... i started using kool bloom this past week too....but again....problem has gone on for some time now....its just so bushy hardly any light gets to the bottom leaves....almost entirely in a shadow

If you are flowering fan leaves dying is expected.. hands down.

omnigr33n said:
All fan leaves?

No, not necessarily all of them... I have my plants harvested waaaaay b4 that point.

Latest posts

Back