oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catastrophe scrog..I don't think so..lol. Ya completed an attempt. That's more than some.

Scrogging out a large plant or any plant in a small area is a lot of work. From what I saw all you were missing was the timing. Plant count under the screen is super import as well. Clones are excellent for scrogs because ya mainly know how the plant will grow. That advantage can be taken away if you throw to many plants under a screen. 1 or 2 clones will fill a 4x4 with ease and allow you and the plant more room to grow and work on it.
This multi grow I have going I threw a screen and 4 plants in a 4x4. I've since had some health issues and just can't manage a scrog this round so I removed it. But in hindsight I think that was a good move. I know what an overgrown scrog looks like and it's not a fun ride. Ya end up removing a lot of material that was intended to be a part of your scrog. That's not how it goes..lol
A guy with your skill set would rock a good planned scrog. If ya try it again feel free to bounce any questions off of me. I learned to grow using a scrog. I grew my first plant normal. After that an old Australian grower showed me his scrog. I never looked back.
Someday id like to gather all the info and hands on experience I have with this method and make a nice sticky thread.
I did one plant in a 5 gallon pot in a 3x3 tent at one point. It filled the screen nicely. I was trying the GH 3 part nute line and that plant suffered in flower because I don’t pH. I know that is/was blasphemy but I just don’t want to be bothered.😁 My main issue with SCROGs is I like to be able to move my plants around in my tent. The watering system I am trying out bothers me because it also basically pins the plants in place. I know I sound like a broken record a lot but I don’t grow for yield or try to grow the most potent bud. The main reason I grow at all is because I enjoy nice looking flowers. 2nd to that is aroma. I am envious of people who grow for a living but I know that would take the fun out of it too. In 15 years of growing, I don’t think I have sold an ounce total. I have given away pounds I would guess. I appreciate you saying I have a skill set. I just have a bit of a green thumb(and a bunch of curiosity) which I guess has driven any success I have had.

Totally on board with your train if thought. I don't have time for complicated growing and love what I've found in jacks. I have to admit I am chasing the fill some jars gig right now. Trying to build up a nice library of strains for the wife and I. After this grow I should be able to slow down a bit.

I never look at a scrog as gaining more yield but as a simple tool to control vertical and horizontal growth in small spaces. If the screen doesn't fill completely then so be it. It's a tool and if it holds back the jungle then it's doing it's job.

I have some exotic strains to run this fall and I'll definitely scrog them. I'm thinking 4-5 in a 4x8 should do the trick. It's just going to take me a little time to sort males and get the ladies vegging. Working with regular seed sure slows ya down but ya can find some fire in there.

Totally on board with your train if thought. I don't have time for complicated growing and love what I've found in jacks. I have to admit I am chasing the fill some jars gig right now. Trying to build up a nice library of strains for the wife and I. After this grow I should be able to slow down a bit.

I never look at a scrog as gaining more yield but as a simple tool to control vertical and horizontal growth in small spaces. If the screen doesn't fill completely then so be it. It's a tool and if it holds back the jungle then it's doing it's job.

I have some exotic strains to run this fall and I'll definitely scrog them. I'm thinking 4-5 in a 4x8 should do the trick. It's just going to take me a little time to sort males and get the ladies vegging. Working with regular seed sure slows ya down but ya can find some fire in there.
If I get viable seeds and grow the Dawg-Devi again, a scrog might be the best solution. The plants are really leggy and if I had vegged any longer, they would have caused me a lot of grief.

Latest posts

Back