oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This scrog is looking good to me. I had to strip mine to the third node before i flipped. I bet this one cranks

Thanks. I have some apprehension about it. I am hoping I don’t cook off all the cannabinoids and terpenes. I will be messing with the cables supplied by the LED manufacturers to buy another few inches of fly height tonight. Next batch will be about a foot shorter to give me some wiggle room.

Aha the super sexy smooth scrog challenge is gonna be a Thing? Yesss to mutual motivation !!!

I will need to finish this plant first. It is not super sexy smooth. Kinda looks like an old baseball mitt...

a great scrog starts with the right plant

This plant is not the right plant. lol.

Started to clear out undergrowth this morning. There are a lot of bud sites. I was thinking the stretch was done last week but it seems to be continuing on a bit. Glad I have the liquid electrical tape. Stupid cats...

Here she is...

FBBDA000-8E44-48BF-9953-5C7EAD793F0C.jpeg

Just be glad you don't have a hydroton-eating dog. Now THAT gets interesting. Oooh! Is that a pot of kibble with a green thing sticking out of it? Nomnomnom! (Insert loud crunching noises) Hey that garnish was tasty too!
The stupid cats like to eat the fresh greens I er, uh, ‘provide’ them if I leave the tent open or leave a clone or seedling unattended. Jo the American Bulldog could not care less about plants fortunately. If I was growing mushrooms, that would be a horse of a different color...

Mmm your cats are spoiled, some people tempt them with cat grass; you spoil them with sativas.
Stoner kittehs just doing their thang.
Plants look good despite the feline invasion! I'm just hoping they don't get too interested in the netting lol

As head primate in the monkey house, I have learned that a spray bottle conspicuously placed next to me while the tent is open is a feline deterrent. The plant is still kinda rough looking though. I am defoliating and removing the cruddy leaves little by little.

That plant is looking good my friend. I almost always scrog my mothers. I frequently have to tape broken branches and sometimes they look pretty gnarly for a few weeks but in the end its worth it.
I am liking this scrog thing. I appreciate you suggesting I give it a try with this plant.

This is why plant count is silly as a limiting factor lol nice spread! No vacancy!
Plant count, schmant count... I will be hard up against that soon though. Shhhhh...

Great work. Are you planning on any defoliation ?

thx. i have been plugging away at defoliating the plant. sounds like i should do more if i read you right.

Latest posts

Back