oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m gonna give it some more stripage to see what happens. There was a guy called AluminumMonster on here 4 or 5 years ago who tried to coax me over to the dark side of defoliation and I tried. I tried. I just chicken out. This grow is a hodge podge of ‘sperimentation with no expectation nor requirement for any kind of yield. If I get a quarter pound of some decent bud I will be pleased. That is kinda my baseline(though I won’t be that bummed with less - I have no way to get rid of my excess aside from giving it to friends). I also hope to get some more seeds from the Mimosa pollen I hit this with. Thanks for the help.

I take a good hard look at the plant from the top and remove the leaves that are directly shading the buds. Then I start at the bottom and remove everything that light won't penetrate to. Like you I am probably more conservative then I need to but if you are following my thread tonight I'm going to strip mine so you can see a before and after.

I take a good hard look at the plant from the top and remove the leaves that are directly shading the buds. Then I start at the bottom and remove everything that light won't penetrate to. Like you I am probably more conservative then I need to but if you are following my thread tonight I'm going to strip mine so you can see a before and after.
Sounds like a solid plan. I am following your thread. One observation from your conversation with @Lesso is I am a lightweight. Smoking 2 lbs over a summer would put me in a coma. 3 lbs would likely kill me... ;)

Some of the commercial growers really strip plants going into flower. Penetration, airflow, almost no popcorn buds either
Thats the other aside. I have next to zero larfy popcorny stuff. If you look at how aggressively i stripped 20 some days ago, the plants are back to bushy today. I cleared all the stuff that was stuck at screen level. Now i have coke can sized buds mixed with golfball sized ones, almost no popcorn.

Thats the other aside. I have next to zero larfy popcorny stuff. If you look at how aggressively i stripped 20 some days ago, the plants are back to bushy today. I cleared all the stuff that was stuck at screen level. Now i have coke can sized buds mixed with golfball sized ones, almost no popcorn.
I cleared out all growth under the screen a week or so ago. I’m plan on stripping a bunch of fan leaves when lights come on tonight and like how @St_Nick explained his method. I am flush with bud so I can play with this plant. Scientific method be damned! This girl has so many variables changed from my usual that I will not have any concrete proof of improvement or detriment but hope to implement some of the changes or probably all of them on my next flowering in about 6 weeks. Then I can slowly restrict or eliminate as I see fit. Or not depending on how things go. What an enjoyable hobby...

Sounds like a solid plan. I am following your thread. One observation from your conversation with @Lesso is I am a lightweight. Smoking 2 lbs over a summer would put me in a coma. 3 lbs would likely kill me... ;)

of8, I’m the same way, I smoke several times a day usually but it’s only a hit or two at a time in the pipe...
Today I was awakened by the phone, my stepson asking me if I had gone to his house to let in the tree cutters that I promised to do yesterday...I completely forgot so jump out bed made a cup and hit the road...my mistake so I haven’t had a single hit yet and it’s almost 5:30 in the afternoon...I’ll remedy that right about now...
Cheers y’all, let’s get hi!!!

I am down to smoking Friday and Saturday night. And only a hit or two off a joint. Or a bong sometimes. I have a brownie a couple times a week but that is kinda it recently.

Speaking of Friday night, I smoked some of @stinkyattic ’s Church. We had vaped it and caught a good buzz. The smoke is a lot different. Got wicked focused on plucking leaves off the plant in the tent. Hope I didn’t kill it... ;)

The established plants seem to be pretty hardy...I bet even if you took too many, the plant would just grow more...I’m talkin bout established plants because I’ve killed plenty of seedlings...kinda looking forward to my next run cuz hopefully it’ll be from clones...

Last edited:
I did a better job in the front of the tent. Reaching the back colas was killing my back so I convinced myself it is a test to compare less defoliation with more defoliation. Probably could still remove more but that will be next grow maybe.

Edit: lower right of whole plant pic is the branch i pollinated so i left the fan leaves on that as i don't care bout bud size of seedy bud.

Before:
423B2075-67C4-4557-B394-D6CA05260089.jpeg

After:
82C3B043-7DD2-42DB-948F-161DDEB54D13.jpeg

96A95846-94ED-4382-B999-38A19B6A68D2.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back