oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are looking great!

Thx but I think ‘great’ might be a little much. I like the results so far and I have learned some new stuff from this. I appreciate the advice from you, @St_Nick, @stinkyattic and the rest of the folks here. SCROG will be my go-to method now. Need to ‘cascade’ this down to my son. His grow was a spiderweb of pipe cleaners trying to hold up and/or hold down his buds. I have the screens I built for his tent somewhere.

Master Kush grow back when I was a foul mouthed younger oldfogey...

https://www.rollitup.org/t/dutch-passion-master-kush-grow.727922/page-7

Today is 5 weeks in flower and since I like to document my grows for future reference, I have a couple of pics. I am alternating feeding nutes and feeding the Extreme Blend with EM1. I have a little burnage at some of the leaf tips but they have been that way for a while. I also gave her a half dose of Snow Storm Ultra with last nights nutes because I cannot help myself. The colas under the King 1200 LED look more robust. I wish I had purchased a 1500 instead of the 2 Growstar COB/SMD LEDs. I counted 32 or so 6-8” colas plus a dozen or so ‘better than my usual’. 4 weeks to go give or take...

29EA4905-E9A9-45FC-AAB5-7A89E25BC574.jpeg
F308B9F9-3459-4A46-9238-BCD9CFEF10DC.jpeg
07E4ECBB-6CEC-4B8C-9FFD-E91C59883B5C.jpeg

This plant smells like candy.

I need to get organized. I had a bag of ‘prunings’ in the grow room and I decided to clean up and consolidate ‘stuff’. I dumped the bag into my compost bin. It was my Mimosa trim that I mistakenly was throwing pruning debris into. Probably a half pound of trim and popcorn bud that I was intending to make Mimosa hash out of. I am a dunce. I picked out the buds that I could. Now my experiment in dry ice hash will be a combination of Mimosa(awesome smelling) and Mendo Cookie(cat urine smelling). Bummer...

This plant smells flat out like some sort of fruity candy. She is drinking quite a bit now. I fed her some Extreme Blend, EM1(or EMA I guess since I fermented it), Bio-Marine(supposed to be good for the soil beasties) and molasses with a little bit of fireplace ash water(potassium I think) yesterday and she needed water today. The tent is pretty dry(low 20’s) and staying cooler now that I have vented the exhaust outside. I have a splitter for the vent hose but I am hoping for some low temps to get her purple on. My gut tells me the VPD is closer to being in the zone (still a bit high with lights on but it is what it is)so she is transpiring more(and this growing more).Lower leaves are fading. 3 and a half weeks to go...

Six weeks in...

98F9E180-2688-4C2F-8FF4-6CA80471D613.jpeg
BB6405A1-E2EA-41E4-9782-84F3E5035213.jpeg
2F9676D0-22CF-40A5-9A59-F16199DCADE3.jpeg
A736A48C-92CB-422B-848E-AC164DA9754E.jpeg

The buds under the King 1200 LED and where the 3 overlap are about 50% chunkier than the buds under the Growstar LEDs. I see more trichomes density on the buds under the Growstars but that could be because there are fewer sugar leaves. About 3 weeks to go. Need to put the carbon filter in the tent soon. Starting to smell a bit funky in my backyard and since it is getting spring-like, more nosy noses are going to be about.

You are a master trimmer for sure , OF8

Thx QB but I really think I overdid it. Comparing my previous grow, I think I am a bit behind and chalk that up to less leaf mass so less photosynthesis thus slower growth. I shouldn’t have done the defoliation with a good buzz on. No biggie. This hobby and this grow in particular is about trying new stuff and learning, good or bad.

Gotta question for the folks who watch this thread. I see 3 immature seeds(pretty sure) in a bud on this plant. The branch I pollinated I see nothing on. I checked the other buds and don’t see any evidence of seeds or ‘naners. I know I am a stoner but I know for sure 100% which brand/ cola I pollinated and the one with seeds is it it. Any ideas why? This is a clone of a plant I grew from seed so not a clone of a clone of a clone, etc. I just think it is weird that a single bud is showing seeds...

In the immortal words of Jeff Goldbloom: "Nature will find a way". Not often but occasionally I will find a stray seed in an otherwise stable strain. I don't get to worked up over it. By the way, plant is looking real fine.

I don’t know much about makin seeds but I sure like the looks of that flower right up there^!!!

Yep. @St_Nick and someone else(maybe @Lesso or @stinkyattic) goaded me into this scrog. I am pretty stoked with the results so far. A lot of you folks grow some really pretty buds and though these are not ‘beer cans’ or ‘Louisville Sluggers’, they are looking pretty sweet looking to me to. Back in the 70’s, I saw High Times centerfolds that pale in comparison to what I see on here...

Latest posts

Back