oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
I have a mother plant that is a clone from probably 6 months ago. At the suggestion of a couple folks on here, I am going to try to scrog it. It was transplanted from a root bound 3 gallon felt to a 5 gallon felt a short time ago with some fresh amended soil. I am starting with just 2 Growstar ‘600 watt’ LEDs to kinda harden it off as it has lived under a 2 bulb 4 foot HO t5 fixture for months in my furnace room. I have the screen at at about 18” from the lights which according to the literature for these lights should give me ~740 (umol/m^2)-s. I am sure it will stress out pretty good so I’m going to give it some time before I clean out below the screen. I have 4 small clones in the tent too for my next grow or maybe outside for a guerrilla grow or maybe as a gift. And so it begins...

772AA631-AE14-4C69-9B46-45C11CF87BB3.jpeg

Mind if I pull up a chair n make some popcorn? This is gonna be cool : )

As long as I don’t make popcorn(buds). ;) Not sure how cool it will be but I am interested to compare my yield from 1 plant in the space vs 3 or 4(the last 2 grows respectively).

Feelin' scroggy?

Feelin’ foggy this morning actually. Had a cheat day from my keto diet and ate more carbs in a few hours than I have had in the last month combined maybe. Back to a disciplined diet for a while. Lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks. Need to drop another 10 then onto a healthy diet...

Feelin’ foggy this morning actually. Had a cheat day from my keto diet and ate more carbs in a few hours than I have had in the last month combined maybe. Back to a disciplined diet for a while. Lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks. Need to drop another 10 then onto a healthy diet...[/QUOTE]
Getting back into ketosis is too hard. I cant cheat on keto. The sugar sweats kill me

I will be back in ketosis by tomorrow. I’ve been using about a tablespoon of MCT oil a day which seems to get me there pretty quickly. It also works as a really, really(maybe a little too) good laxative.

Day 15
Some massive stretch on the strawberry eclair and one of the super lemons (18 inches over the white pvc flip line). Purple haze, pineapple chunk and the other super lemon haze are staying short (12in). All are stacking a lot of budsites. The skunky smell in the tent wafts out whenever i unzip the doors. I have stopped foliar feeding. All plants recovered. Im also keeping the ppms in the 760 range. Running full flowering nutes now. Ph ranges from 5.7 to 6.1.
You can see in one of the pics the pvc frame for the screen. This is where they were when i switched to 12 hours. Its quite a bit of stretch to handle. Im going to defoliate in 6 days or so, once im sure they are done stretching. There is just too much leaf matter for proper airflow and light penetration.View attachment 258170 View attachment 258171 View attachment 258172 View attachment 258173 View attachment 258174

Rug roh... I better take a bit more off the netting frames legs or I am going to be growing into the lights...

How much head room do you have above the light?

Head room? That would be none. lol. I scragged a couple times before and I thought I remembered the buds being like 3-4” above the net. I won’t get the big buds you get but I definitely misjudged how high the net should be. I went 42” I think then dropped it 3”. Probably will drop another 6”. Might tent is short anyway(56” I think). I just didn’t want to chop the plant too much.

it isn't super stretchy but i think knocking it down a bit would be better in the long run. having the ability to raise the lights should have been a consideration but my brain is pretty foggy recently. i am going to work on getting the plant shaped and pruned up today as well as lowering the screen. i also need to up the heat and humidity as to spur some growth.

Lowered the screen finally and pruned off the junk under the screen. The plant looks pretty beat up at this point as it didn’t like the change from t5’s to LEDs and from a nice cozy furnace room to a tent. I am going to give it a week or do to recover and see how flowering goes...

Edit:stupid iPhone spell check or stupid me made ‘beat’ change to ‘neat’...

Last edited:
I spent 650 at the store the other day lol. I had to completely purge my fridge and pantry and refill with keto foods. I love the way my brain works on a keto diet. Im sharp and fast...no foggy mornings.

You are gonna be real happy with the yield from that girl but be warned they gonna grow a foot above the net.

My MIM x Mendo was not doing a whole lot of growing that I could see so I went ahead and transplanted it...mostly I guess it was making roots so I guess that’s ok...it wasn’t rootbound or anything but it had good roots...I transplanted with a healthy shot of mycorrhizae and a shot of bio-ag ful-power fulvic acid...made up some soil the other day and used a bunch of recommended ingredients...got some bio-live, some azomite, crab meal, kelp meal, neem seed meal, pretty sure I’m forgetting something, a healthy dose like a third of worm castings...we’ll see how it does...I’d like to be organic this time to see if there is a difference...so that’s that...
8D001BEA-BC4B-494C-9E80-1C84F2593775.jpeg

Thx 2re. I hope the cross is ok for you. I think I saw somewhere that it has been cold where you are. Could that be affecting the growth? My tent has been cool and the plant I have in there seems to be kinda stagnant. Both the strains seemed to like vegging in the mid to upper 70’s so I need to add some heat. The Mendo Cookie is a new fav here. I let it go longer than normal. Doesn’t seem to amber up much. Hits hard but I slept solidly. And apparently makes me run on and on... ;)

I think I may have burnt the transplanted one by spraying it while the lights were on...it’s still standing but most of the few leaves are brown...I moved the light away though it didn’t seem too close before...seedlings are just too fragile for this old timer...I’ll be happy to find a few strain to clone and keep...

I think I may have burnt the transplanted one by spraying it while the lights were on...it’s still standing but most of the few leaves are brown...I moved the light away though it didn’t seem too close before...seedlings are just too fragile for this old timer...I’ll be happy to find a few strain to clone and keep...

I keep my seedlings under t5’s or sometimes just CFL’s until they get maybe 5 or so sets of leaves. That is mostly because it has worked for me in the past and I didn’t have any higher power lights when I started into this money pit of a hobby ;) ...

Wish I could ship clones to you. I’ve heard it can be done but I don’t know how.

Latest posts

Back