omg my babies! Pics show spotting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motame

Reaction score
I've been giving them nutes at seedling strength of General Hydroponic's Flora series. I mix it with spring water (i'm buying distilled water and a ph tester tonight), so do u guys think it may be? It's on two of my plants and I'm worried the others will follow suit. Help is very appreciated, I love my little ones! LOL

IMGA0202.JPG

IMGA0203.JPG

IMGA0204.JPG

i dont know my butt from a hole in the ground but the stalk at the base look to be smaller then the rest, looks the same as the ones i had that i killed by using too much nutes.

cyberquest said:
i dont know my butt from a hole in the ground but the stalk at the base look to be smaller then the rest, looks the same as the ones i had that i killed by using too much nutes.

yeah i'm thinking too much nutes too. hopefully the fan that i have on it now will give it some strength to grow a fatter stalk.

hopefully one of the experienced growers will chime in here and tell you how to solve the problem. i would cut the nutes out and give them straight water for now i would think. when i knoticed my stalks lookin like that they died less then a week later.

i had 5 of them in totally going, one of them looked like it was dying so i stopped watering it all together and continued feeding the other the nutes. when the other 4 died the one was still a little green so i started giving it straight water and it it actually came back to life. it was just sitting in a window for two months barely making it, two days in the closet with lights and it double in size. that was about three weeks ago and it was only about two inches tall when it went into the closet.

]

Are you using aluminum as a reflector there?

yeah that was a early pic of it, there is no traces of foil in the grow room now. lol

hey guys, here are some new pics of the yellowing. I transplanted the sick ones into new soil (Scott's potting soil, 0-.1-0, it's hard to find some without any nutes. But I didn't think that was much to harm them? They haven't gotten any better and are looking worse. I watered them with distilled water, and no nutes.

IMGA0208.JPG

IMGA0207.JPG

IMGA0206.JPG

IMGA0205.JPG

Your definitely going to need that PH tester, I hope your still working on that. But I would suggest letting those pots completely dry out before adding any more water, than when you do add water to the totally dry soil, it will actually "flush" the nutes.

Pm responded to, definately nute burn...no more additional nutes...just ph'ed water. Old growth will not get better, watch new growth, new leaves look fine so far.

Good Luck

pharcyde said:
Your definitely going to need that PH tester, I hope your still working on that. But I would suggest letting those pots completely dry out before adding any more water, than when you do add water to the totally dry soil, it will actually "flush" the nutes.

Yeah, I will get it tomorrow. Okay will do. thanks

Elephant Man said:
Pm responded to, definately nute burn...no more additional nutes...just ph'ed water. Old growth will not get better, watch new growth, new leaves look fine so far.

Good Luck

okay thanks a lot!

just to give everyone a heads up nutes need to be used sparingly in soilmy plants are in black gold coco blend soil and they are at there 4th node and show no sign of a need for nutes my widow clones were 6 nodes and a foot tall before they needed em. remember too much nutes hurts and does not help at all so start light and try to wait until they need it. soil is very simple to grow in for the first almost month once you flower things can get a bit hairy so a ph tester helps as does the incredible amount you can learn by reading about everyone elses mistakes on this forum. good luck

Latest posts

Back