On Growing At Home...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GanjaGuru

Reaction score
I think that one thing that either discourages someone from starting or contiuing to grow is because of the major change in lifestyle it demands.
An unexpected knock on the door, the sound of a helicopter or a noise outside late at night can make you jump out of your skin.
You have to limit your visitors. Pot smells, especially when flowering, and unless the growroom is hermetically sealed will be noticed by people in just about every room in a house.
You can't have parties lest someone notice the smell or wander around and find it.
You can't go on vacation of more than 3 days unless you have the grow fine tuned in an ebb n flo.
Someone driving by your house slowly will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up straight.
A stranger at the door can make your skin crawl.
A telephone call where they hang up when you answer will make you sweat blood. ESPECIALLY if you're like "hello, hello". Creepy fer sure.
Everyone who lives with you needs to be ok with your hobby. I've heard stories where women turn in husbands (and vice versa), kids turn in their parents (and vice versa).

What other ways has growing pot changed your day-to-day life?

Has not changed my life in a beat. I hate visitors, don't care for interuptions of my routine. Basically Ganja I am Hermetically sealed. hahahaha. I flower 1-2 plants at a given time. and scrub the odor.

My emotional changes. Yes, I am a little paranoid around the end of flower. but my need for my homegrown weed out weighs my paranoi.

Great thread as usual Ganja. ;)

Good post ganja!
It does require a serios lifestyle adjustment for most folks.
"ME"...it simply reinforced my sense of "isolationism"..;)

Totally agree wit that "isolationism"...
Hick said:
Good post ganja!
It does require a serios lifestyle adjustment for most folks.
"ME"...it simply reinforced my sense of "isolationism"..;)

I need to wake up! I'm such a perfect up standing taxing paying citizen why would I get busted....LOL. Im the type that you all would be shocked to find out I smoke M.J. Having said that we are very closed mouth about our smoking and growing is brand new. I love it though, I love puttering in the yard too. Anyway thanks for the post , it made me think about things.
PS. I'd love to get stoned with Ganja and discuss politics....I voted for George W.

got a question about the smell of any marijuana plant since iam planning on growing my own when i move out is the smell like so strong that it will make your whole house smell or just a room and maybe like the hallway near the room and will the smell go outside of the house? would febreeze work? hahaha well yeah maybe the smell going outside the house is too much but yeah...i just want to kno what i have to be prepared with for when i start to grow

Grannie420 said:
PS. I'd love to get stoned with Ganja and discuss politics....I voted for George W.

sorry to say this some of you may disagree but **** bush he can kiss my ass no more to say thank you :D

Like grannie 420 I'm the type of person who you would "never" think would smoke pot much less grow it! I'm with Mutt...i don't like having people over at least the ones who never have pot or money or gas or...my house faces an alley on a corner lot with big, huge fluffy trees just at the end of town where the smell of many,many stinky cows( good for covering up pot smell, bad if ya want to BBQ. I always screen those 2-3 phone calls I maybe get a week and I avoid the in-laws like the plague and ALWAYS go out to meet anyone who shows up unannounced. Would'nt want those damn dogs to get out...;) I t can be a lonely excistance, I want to brag soooo bad! but....I can't. Besides its hard for me to say no and if people knew I grew an endless supply I end up giving it all away! Its hard to think I'm hiding it from my older son but I can't as his parent, put him in the situation of knowing and having to lie or keep a secret, I'll cut them down before that ! I'm terrified that I could potentially lose my kids because of my selfisness...too much to deal with sometimes. My little guy is my assistant for now, he loves to help out with mommy's pretty flowers just have to keep the clippers away from him ...and the clones and the fert. but nothing makes me happier than being out in my shed with the tunes and the ladies! I spend a lot of time pondering the pros and cons, so I have a lot to say, but I guess not all right now. Damn its back to manicuring...ahhh. my neck! My back! My sanity......:eek: I'm wound a little tight to begin with! lol

GreenDayGirl said:
Like grannie 420 I'm the type of person who you would "never" think would smoke pot much less grow it! I'm with Mutt...i don't like having people over at least the ones who never have pot or money or gas or...my house faces an alley on a corner lot with big, huge fluffy trees just at the end of town where the smell of many,many stinky cows( good for covering up pot smell, bad if ya want to BBQ. I always screen those 2-3 phone calls I maybe get a week and I avoid the in-laws like the plague and ALWAYS go out to meet anyone who shows up unannounced. Would'nt want those damn dogs to get out...;) I t can be a lonely excistance, I want to brag soooo bad! but....I can't. Besides its hard for me to say no and if people knew I grew an endless supply I end up giving it all away! Its hard to think I'm hiding it from my older son but I can't as his parent, put him in the situation of knowing and having to lie or keep a secret, I'll cut them down before that ! I'm terrified that I could potentially lose my kids because of my selfisness...too much to deal with sometimes. My little guy is my assistant for now, he loves to help out with mommy's pretty flowers just have to keep the clippers away from him ...and the clones and the fert. but nothing makes me happier than being out in my shed with the tunes and the ladies! I spend a lot of time pondering the pros and cons, so I have a lot to say, but I guess not all right now. Damn its back to manicuring...ahhh. my neck! My back! My sanity......:eek: I'm wound a little tight to begin with! lol

Over time (decades) our lifestyle changes as our families grow older and our involvement with pot often changes as well. This is forced, or at least shaped, by its legal status.

Our families cannot be expected to lead the solitary lifestyle that most of us would accept as necessary. Our children need a chance to grow in a normal way as much as is possible, and each parent must deal with this in the way they feel best.

As a toker, it became difficult trying to explain the "special tobacco" to my son as he grew old enough to understand, and I ended up smoking the closet again. There was no thought to growing, so I can imagine the issues involved there.

Good luck to you and keep those buds tight.

HK

Latest posts

Back