One from Seed!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Bud

Reaction score
Ok dudes, here is the low down.. As some of you know I got some dirty clones from this dude; had a bad spider mite problem. I'm still trying to save those crazy little clones but in the mean time I had two seeds from some killer, mind blowing smoke.. Now I'm not sure what strain this is from and if I find out I will surely post it here. I have attached some photos from today; she just popped her lovely head though the soil. I was amazed at how fast this little plant stood up. As you can see in the photos the first one she just stuck her two leaves out but they were still laying on their side. Then the second photos she is starting to stand up and in the third she is up and ready for some light... Here is what got me, I took these photo's one hour apart.. You notice I am calling it a her... Positive inforcement... Crossing fingures anyway. I have another seed but it doesn't seem to be opening.

My plan is to take cuttings off of this plant and then let it flower once I know that I have clones that will live. Should I do this so I will know if its a female or not... Don't want a bunch of cloned males...:cool:

Pic065.JPG

Pic066.JPG

Pic067.JPG

what you do is take 1 cutting and put it directly in the flowering stage(after it roots). You should know what you've got when that clone starts fruiting. Good luck!

Thanks dude, thats a great idea.. I have learned so many cool little tricks on stuff at this site... That makes a lot of sense to bloom a clones early... I didin't relize that you could put them into bloom that fast, that's the newbee showing... :eek:

Thanks again man....

I see a baby. :D Good luck to you on your grow my friend. Here is some GREEN MOJO for ya.

GreenMojo.JPG

Ok dudes, here is an update. It's been 5 days and she is growing like a weed. Trying to keep the lights close as I can without getting them to hot. Heres a couple of photos...

Thanks for the MOJO it looks like its working.......

Pic068.JPG

Pic069.JPG

Pic070.JPG

Heres another update on my little lady.. She seams to be maturing very well. I had some clones going as well. It was time to build my grow area.. I provided a before and after picture.. Room is 5x7x5 and my new 8 bulb flouro's fit inside just right.. I have more plants in there right now because a friend has some of his baby clones in there as well. After the first 24 hours there is already a nice patch of new green leaves coming out the top. So far my little lady looks realy good. Tonight I put her into her veg pot.

Pic074.JPG

Pic075.JPG

Pic076.JPG

Pic077.JPG

Pic073.JPG

The new grow room is working well, plants are loving the light set up and the heat seams to be just right. They are looking great for having such a tough start... My seedling is really starting to take off. I was suprised at how many roots she had in such a short amount of time. Check out the photos, this is about three weeks since she sprouted. The first two photos are of her, the rest are of my clones..

I was wondering when I should start hitting her with the nutes? So far I have been using water only... Do u guys and gals see any problems here.. Please let me know if somthing doesn't look right... Thanks fello farmers.... :48:

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

Picture 026.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

Picture 028.jpg

Mr. Bud said:
Do u guys and gals see any problems here.. Please let me know if somthing doesn't look right... Thanks fello farmers.... :48:

Truth said they look like there about ready to kick off bro :eek:

If there where mine I would toss now and start over and not waste the time to baby em back to life..

looks to me that the PH is way off and i mean way off as the plants are eating themselfs already and all ferts seem to be locked out at this point ( mass claw'n of leafs) and yellow'n

Whats the grow room variables ?

Crap.... That's not good news.... lol

The room is 5h x 4w x 7long... Temp 75 - 80 and they had been in those pots for a short time.. I do have three new clones given to me. I also have one from seed so, I may leave those stunted clones in there just for the heck of it... Heres a couple of new photos; they are looking a little better I think any way.

12-24-06 004.jpg

12-24-06 005.jpg

12-24-06 002.jpg

12-24-06 003.jpg

whats the PH of soil and the PH of the water going into it? as well as the ph from run off ? :D

ppm of water will also help ;)

3rd pic plant in back looks pretty thirsty to me and the other's still look to be locked up cept 4th pic which is from seed right?

grow on

Mr. Bud said:
The new grow room is working well, plants are loving the light set up and the heat seams to be just right. They are looking great for having such a tough start... My seedling is really starting to take off. I was suprised at how many roots she had in such a short amount of time. Check out the photos, this is about three weeks since she sprouted. The first two photos are of her, the rest are of my clones..

I was wondering when I should start hitting her with the nutes? So far I have been using water only... Do u guys and gals see any problems here.. Please let me know if somthing doesn't look right... Thanks fello farmers.... :48:

In these pics here it looks like you are not using the proper method of watering. There is a really in depth post in my journal on tips for watering. Your clones look unhealthy, locked up from before you planted them or maybe from your soilmix. It would help alot if you gave us your variables, your soilmix (looks like very acidic peat), your PH in and out, your water quality (ppm), your planned fertilizer. Are those temps at your canopy? Is there any ventilation at all in there? How many cfm? Where is your stem fan? Your seedling looks ok, but if your clones are dying, I hope you figure out why soon.

The temp is taken at the bottom of the stem. RH% is 32 the temp right now is 78.6 and I have no way at this time to check ph.. I did use a non fert. soil so, there should be no nutes burning them. Is the RH low???? I am adding a couple new photos.. I also got three new clones already potted and they are doing well and they seem to be outgrowing the messed up clones. Check out the first two photos... Thats my seedling, looks like she is growing very wide but not to high... Is that normal? I water about every 3-4 days. When they look like they are starting to wilt, I pick up the pot and feel how heavy it is. When it feels light I water.. I will check your thread.... thanks

12-25-06 001.jpg

12-25-06 002.jpg

12-25-06 003.jpg

12-25-06 004.jpg

Mr. Bud said:
The temp is taken at the bottom of the stem. RH% is 32 the temp right now is 78.6 and I have no way at this time to check ph.. I did use a non fert. soil so, there should be no nutes burning them. Is the RH low???? I am adding a couple new photos.. I also got three new clones already potted and they are doing well and they seem to be outgrowing the messed up clones. Check out the first two photos... Thats my seedling, looks like she is growing very wide but not to high... Is that normal? I water about every 3-4 days. When they look like they are starting to wilt, I pick up the pot and feel how heavy it is. When it feels light I water.. I will check your thread.... thanks

That all sounds fine to me...definately work on getting that ph tester though. Are you using filtered or tap water?

It's well water.. Live in AK cold and clean.. Could there be a pH problem with well water?

Mr. Bud said:
Check out the first two photos... Thats my seedling, looks like she is growing very wide but not to high... Is that normal?
Growing wide is most likely going to be part of the strain's traits, so it is normal for that strain. Personally, I would prefer a nice wide and dense plant rather than a tall and thin one (too bad you don't know the name of the strain, I would be interested).
Mr. Bud said:
I did use a non fert. soil
Maybe I don't know jack about gardening, but I thought those little white things in the soil from your pics was fertilizer..
Loving your journal and pics so far, keep 'em coming! ..and best of luck to ya!

Mr. Bud said:
The temp is taken at the bottom of the stem.

check the temps at top of plant not bottom ;)

I did use a non fert. soil so, there should be no nutes burning them.

this tells us nothing... what is your soil? name brand and that stuff

what is the ppm of your well water? and whats in it?

Ph control is most important for growing this plant as it is a weed and kinda picky on how it uptakes nute's and at what Ph it does..

Ok, here we are week two of flowering.. I almost tossed these little ladies at more then one point.. Glad that I held on to them.. I think that they are looking much better. For the amount of mistakes I have made during my first grow I am really happy with what I have so far..

Growing in 3 Gallon pots. Dirt is Black Gold with no nutes. Using Kool Blume, Pure Blume and a shot of SuperThrive. Heat is 70 with lights on and 60 with lights off. HR 35% with a 1000w light. Have stem fan blowing at all times. Flowering room is 8'x10' and 5' high.. Water is from a well, pH is around 6.5 to 6.8. Using pH up to dial it in..

These plants have been through it.. About a week before I was going to start flowering, my light fell on the plants and broke all of my main stems. Let them veg for about two weeks extra and the inner brantches really began to shoot up.. Now I have short little bushy plants.

I appreciate all of the help and info you guys have provided for me.. I don't think these plants would have stood a chance with me as the sole farmer..

Pic156.JPG

Pic157.JPG

Pic176.JPG

Pic177.JPG

Pic179.JPG

Pic180.JPG

Sup Mr. Bud. Your ladies have come along way and have been through alot but MJ is a very tough plant. We all have made mistakes from our first grows but that is how we learn. Your doing one hell of a great job my friend keep it up. ;)

Latest posts

Back