"Operation Sweetleaf"..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
Police raided dozens of houses across the metro area this morning, as part of an investigation into a large marijuana-growing operation.
Meanwhile, authorities in Summit County have arrested a man for marijuana cultivation in a separate case.
In the metro-area case, 16 people have been indicted, according to the Adams County District Attorney's office. Those suspects face charges of racketeering, marijuana distribution and money laundering, among other counts.
The suspects' names were not released.
According to police, the ring was growing marijuana in houses in Adams and Weld counties, Broomfield, Denver, Erie and Breckenridge. The ring then shipped the marijuana out of state, using the U.S. mail to do so in some instances.
"We continue to see that Colorado has become a source state for the country," Jerry Peters, the commander of the North Metro Drug Task Force, said in a statement.
Police said there are no links to the state's medical-marijuana system. But attorney Sean McAllister disputed that. McAllister said he's heard some of those arrested might be medical-marijuana caregivers — small-scale marijuana providers who typically serve only about five patients at a time and grow in their own homes. McAllister said continuing confusion surrounding the requirements for caregivers leaves the providers vulnerable to police raids.
"When we find out exactly what these raids were about, I think it will be obvious that some of these folks have a medical-marijuana connection," McAllister said.
Adams County District Attorney Don Quick said multiple agencies worked on the investigation, including the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Internal Revenue Service and several local police agencies. The North Metro task force headed up the investigation.
"This was a large grow and distribution ring, and I am grateful for the cooperative, multi-agency approach to this complex investigation," Quick said in a statement.
Police officers this morning fanned out across the metro area to serve search warrants at 25 houses as part of the investigation. 9News reports (hxxp://www.9news.com/news/article/244822/339/Home-raided-dozens-arrested-after-pot-bust)that the investigation was known among law enforcement as "Operation Sweet Leaf" and that this morning's raids netted about 1,000 marijuana plants.
Meanwhile, authorities in Summit County on Monday arrested a 38-year-old man after receiving a tip about marijuana-growing at a house near Breckenridge. The Summit County Sheriff's office said Scott Matthew Shumsky found about 120 marijuana plants and 16.5 ounces of marijuana during a search. Sheriff's spokeswoman Tracy LeClair said the case is separate from today's North Metro raids.
"Hopefully this will serve as a lesson to others that non-medical marijuana cultivation is still a crime and will not be tolerated in Summit County," Summit County Sheriff John Minor said in a statement.
McAllister said he is representing Shumsky in the case and said Shumsky believed he was operating legally as a medical-marijuana caregiver. McAllister declined make any further comment about the case.

...."If it fits....it ships!"...:p

Damn....I was hoping for a Black Sabbath video. :(

"Operation... 01-26-2012 11:26 AM Roddy is a *******

Awww....someone not like me?? :rofl: :rofl: Grow up already...and please sign your reps. Childish!

Honestly, I find this almost as funny as someone being foolish enough to mail drugs.....

I've heard about packages in the mail. Cali care pack of 50lbs/Texas care pack of 8 lbs.

Also heard an athlete jus got caught getting the Texas pack..

Call me a fool, I've mailed cannabis (few grams tho at the most) quite a few times. If you know how to do it correctly then you shouldn't have to Sweat The Petty...

Oooh! And once, I've heard that someone had received souvenir seeds from Amsterdam that way too...lol:evil:

Ha! I kid because I care :rolleyes: ....recht, und affen fliegen aus mein po, auch...

:peace:

l8trs :bolt:

I've received a cpl grams inside of candles before. That was 4 yrs or so ago though.

7greeneyes said:
Call me a fool, I've mailed cannabis (few grams tho at the most) quite a few times. If you know how to do it correctly then you shouldn't have to Sweat The Petty...

Oooh! And once, I've heard that someone had received souvenir seeds from Amsterdam that way too...lol:evil:

Ha! I kid because I care :rolleyes: ....recht, und affen fliegen aus mein po, auch...

:peace:

l8trs :bolt:

No offense meant, my friend!

A couple grams here/there, maybe a few times in a lifetime MIGHT fly under radar (maybe not though....it's a risk, no doubt), shipping packages as a way to distribute is foolish. You'll not see me risking even a small package, but I'm sure many do....

using the mail to send anything thats not legal is STUPID.. just misusing postal equipment can land you a fine or jail time.. (this coming from a guy whos first grow set up was in postal equipment lol) but using the us mail to do anything against the law such as transport drugs is a federal crime and will land you in big boy prison.. Federal DOC with murderers.. trust me, the government takes the postal system very seriously. Id advise you not to mess around with it..

Roddy said:
No offense meant, my friend!

A couple grams here/there, maybe a few times in a lifetime MIGHT fly under radar (maybe not though....it's a risk, no doubt), shipping packages as a way to distribute is foolish. You'll not see me risking even a small package, but I'm sure many do....

I don't use it to distribute or "move" or anything. A loved one of mine lives across country and he is an old ailing hippie who is too scared by leo to find weed there. That's all. It's not routine and it's not to "distribute", it's literally a cpl grams at the max. It's secreted within mundane items and easily passable items are always sent and if they can find that, they would find other things, like seeds. almost like certain seed banks we know of...

yea but sending marijuana seeds thru the mail is not against the law.. neither is having them in the U.S.. you can have or send seeds all you want..

mj seeds are indeed illegal. They are labeled CONTRABAND when seized by the gov't.

if you have weed.. and seeds... then yea there not legal.. but the seeds alone are not illegal.. think of it like this... if you buy a brand new bong and never use it, then get pulled over by the cops, you wont go to jail.. the bong wont be confiscated and it is NOT illegal to own or send through the mail.. BUT.. if you have weed in the car with the bong, then the bong becomes paraphernalia or contraband.. it works the same with seeds..

Bleek187 said:
if you have weed.. and seeds... then yea there not legal.. but the seeds alone are not illegal.. think of it like this... if you buy a brand new bong and never use it, then get pulled over by the cops, you wont go to jail.. the bong wont be confiscated and it is NOT illegal to own or send through the mail.. BUT.. if you have weed in the car with the bong, then the bong becomes paraphernalia or contraband.. it works the same with seeds..

Cannabis seeds are illegal in the USA......UK they are legal as long as you don't germinate them.

Hamster Lewis said:
Cannabis seeds are illegal in the USA......UK they are legal as long as you don't germinate them.

:goodposting: Thank you Ham, good to have a well-informed carrier/awesome grower chime in here. :)

:peace:,

7ge:D

p.s. I'd +rep ya but it says I gotta spread the love some more...lol.

Bleek187 said:
yea but sending marijuana seeds thru the mail is not against the law.. neither is having them in the U.S.. you can have or send seeds all you want..

Definitely illegal, but they're mostly confiscated if found.

7greeneyes said:
I don't use it to distribute or "move" or anything. A loved one of mine lives across country and he is an old ailing hippie who is too scared by leo to find weed there. That's all. It's not routine and it's not to "distribute", it's literally a cpl grams at the max. It's secreted within mundane items and easily passable items are always sent and if they can find that, they would find other things, like seeds. almost like certain seed banks we know of...

I'm not saying you are/were, I am referring to the story in the op..."The ring then shipped the marijuana out of state, using the U.S. mail to do so in some instances".

Latest posts

Back