Order confiscated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I had some seeds get confiscated by the Department of Agriculture. Do they do this randomly? It ruined my day. Herbies is going to replace them which is great, but they have to be mailed somewhere else. So, I am getting them mailed to a friends house but that is not ideal.

I had some seeds get confiscated by the Department of Agriculture. Do they do this randomly? It ruined my day. Herbies is going to replace them which is great, but they have to be mailed somewhere else. So, I am getting them mailed to a friends house but that is not ideal.
I guess you got a letter in the mail telling you this? I won some seeds last year on this site and never got them. Always wondered if they got confiscated as someone else at the time had seeds confiscated. I didn’t want to draw extra attention to my grow so left it be and hoped I didn’t get a letter…

I’ve had seeds confiscated more than once but I cannot tell you how they determine what packages to open and which ones get passed through
So if they open something that’s not weed seeds, do you get a letter saying it was opened for inspection? They must have some clue of what to look for.

When I used to order from Europe, I always paid for stealth shipping. Always got my seeds but I haven’t bought from Europe in years. Too easy to find American companies. You may want to contact Herbies about stealth shipping…

I had a pack of seeds heading to me (New Mexico) from Colorado last summer get snagged. We're legal in both places. Couldn't believe it! First time in 15 years I received 'the letter'.

I guess you got a letter in the mail telling you this? I won some seeds last year on this site and never got them. Always wondered if they got confiscated as someone else at the time had seeds confiscated. I didn’t want to draw extra attention to my grow so left it be and hoped I didn’t get a letter…
There was a letter in the package. They sent me the envelope without the seeds. They had opened it.

Had mine confiscated by customs from spain. Got the letter in the mail. Last I heard of it and replacements came thru just fine.
I am going to find another seed bank to use next time. Then try using that one again in awhile.

I had a pack of seeds heading to me (New Mexico) from Colorado last summer get snagged. We're legal in both places. Couldn't believe it! First time in 15 years I received 'the letter'.
It says material not authorized. It is probably because it came from Europe. Its the shipping that part isn't legal yet.

When I used to order from Europe, I always paid for stealth shipping. Always got my seeds but I haven’t bought from Europe in years. Too easy to find American companies. You may want to contact Herbies about stealth shipping…
They had done stealth shipping. The seeds were hidden. I'm going to use an American seedbank next time.

Good fking luck. I had both shipments from Herbie's confiscated. Really pissed me off.
I wouldn't allow them to ship to a friend's house because I don't like doing that to my friends. That's what they wanted to do though. I told them to keep the seeds. Besides I won the fkers anyway. No money lost,,just aggravation with their fking shipping methods.

Good fking luck. I had both shipments from Herbie's confiscated. Really pissed me off.
I wouldn't allow them to ship to a friend's house because I don't like doing that to my friends. That's what they wanted to do though. I told them to keep the seeds. Besides I won the fkers anyway. No money lost,,just aggravation with their fking shipping methods.
This is the first time it has happened to me. It kind if sucks because I like the seeds I get from there, but I'm going to try a USA seed bank. I am just unfamiliar with the breeders in California or whatever states they are from. I might try going back to photoperiods and try cloning. That would save on seed cost.

This is the first time it has happened to me. It kind if sucks because I like the seeds I get from there, but I'm going to try a USA seed bank. I am just unfamiliar with the breeders in California or whatever states they are from. I might try going back to photoperiods and try cloning. That would save on seed cost.
Did your seeds get stuck at Chicago customs?

Latest posts

Back