organic food or SYNTHETIC food?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would go Organic if I where you....JMO!

Both have their positives and negatives and it usually comes down to a personal choice thing. I run chemical nutrients, GH 3 part( Grow,Micro,Bloom). Positves are, it's cheap, easy to use and gets good results. Negatives are I need to ph my water and nutrients to 6.3-6.8 in soil to make the nutrients available for the plant to use. Another negative is the possibility of salt build up. Positives on Organic is it's natural, and you don't need to ph your nutrients or water (within reason of course). Negatives IMO are you need to have a healthy micro hurd in the soil/root zone and it can stink pretty bad. Jmo

Hamster Lewis said:
Both have their positives and negatives and it usually comes down to a personal choice thing. I run chemical nutrients, GH 3 part( Grow,Micro,Bloom). Positves are, it's cheap, easy to use and gets good results. Negatives are I need to ph my water and nutrients to 6.3-6.8 in soil to make the nutrients available for the plant to use. Another negative is the possibility of salt build up. Positives on Organic is it's natural, and you don't need to ph your nutrients or water (within reason of course). Negatives IMO are you need to have a healthy micro hurd in the soil/root zone and it can stink pretty bad. Jmo

I grow hydo not soil. Would that still make a difference in your advice or same to all of above?

JohnnyBlazeBK said:
I grow hydo not soil. Would that still make a difference in your advice or same to all of above?

I don't grow hydro, plus I am not even sure if there are organic hydro nutrients. GH 3 part works for both soil and hydro.

JohnnyBlazeBK said:

I tried the GO series of nutes for hydro and just was not happy with the results. The res got icky although my temps were in line and I had plenty of air. I went back to the GH Flora series after and decided to keep my organic endeavors confined to soil.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I tried the GO series of nutes for hydro and just was not happy with the results. The res got icky although my temps were in line and I had plenty of air. I went back to the GH Flora series after and decided to keep my organic endeavors confined to soil.

I forgot about those stinky Organic nutrients...I got the whole set for free like a bunch of us and used them in soil a couple times. Stank too much and it seemed like they were on the weak side.

i use the fox farm line up of Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom... iv gotten great results from it, and as a few people stated organic can start to get pretty potent in smell over time, worst of all the better your supersoil is the more stank it puts off lol... so unless you got a beastly vent system with filters/carbon scrubber, i wouldnt go with organic jsut because of the smell, but hey to each his own it all really boils down to you

Latest posts

Back